MIT goes really high tech

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 06:18 pm
http://www.boston.com/business/technology/articles/2011/12/19/mit_puts_admissions_on_the_ipad/

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/12/19/mit_to_launch_online_only_graded_courses_free_to_all/?camp=obnetwork

Makes good sense for one of the premier engineering schools in the country, I suppose. Do you know of other colleges/unis that have similar high-tech apps? What do you think of applying to a school like this on-line?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,150 • Replies: 3
No top replies

engineer

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 09:03 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Music schools ask for MP3 files of students' playing for consideration. Does that count?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 09:18 pm
@engineer,
Yeah, I suppose it does. The whole education experience has changed so radically since I was at university. We actually had to go to the library to take out books, not access them on a website. I was taking an evening course at the doctoral level at UMass-Boston about 10 years ago or thereabouts and remember being amazed when the prof said we could send our term papers to her e-mail address if that was more convenient than bringing in actual typed copies. Me, at that point I was still typing my term papers on an IBM Selecrtic typewriter, wouldn't have known how to e-mail a whole thesis:) Had just acquired my first computer (a used Mac) and was learning how to access AOL as my ISP to get online. Smile
engineer

Reply Mon 19 Dec, 2011 10:26 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
My son is applying for colleges this year. All his paperwork including his letters of recommendation was done online. The had to send in the names of this references and an email address and they received instructions on how to submit their letters. All the essays, etc were online as well.
0 Replies