The Holiday "Blues"/ Let's Help Each Other Thru Them

JoanneDorel

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 12:25 am
Chatoyant I agree with you one thing about Christmas is when it is over it is really over. On 12/26, you would never know it even happened. I have had periods in my life when I could not wait for it to end. But in this country any way you cannot avoid it. That was one thing about living in Japan, western religious holidays came and went without comment.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 05:23 am
Maximom- I can really relate to what you are saying. I have always thought that I am an "extroverted introvert". I can be very friendly and outgoing, yet too much of that wearies me.

I have a friend who loves to gather great groups of women around her, and plan trips (day) to very nice places. She is very bright and wonderful to be around, but I cannot take walking in a museum with a trail of people around me.

I really dislike going shopping with another woman when I am looking for something. I have my own speed. A friend once characterized me as having two speeds, fast and faster. If I need to look for something, I want to go by myself. I WILL go to the stores with a friend, once in awhile, if SHE needs something, but I can't really shop that way.

As someone pointed out here, I'm a pretty good diplomat, (but I would make a lousy politician!)
0 Replies

estrella

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 12:30 pm
We love you just the way you are, Phoenix! I have the tenderest of hearts, but can be extremely impatient--and then there is my yin and yang of highs and lows (or is that ying and yang).
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 12:34 pm
Whenever I find myself getting stuck in the past, I give myself a little lecture about the fact that I can't change the past and I am living for today without conjuring up anxieties about the future. It's difficult to do in these times but the serenity prayer can work even if you aren't religious as it has a very definite meaning.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good morning (or afternoon in the East and Evening in Europe!
0 Replies

chatoyant

Reply Mon 9 Dec, 2002 12:48 pm
Phoenix - I'm with you. I don't like shopping in groups or even with one other person. Frankly, I'm not fond of shopping much at all. So when I go, I just want to get it done and get going! My sister and I recently took a trip to Victoria. Sis has her PhD in shopping, I tell ya! Laughing She finds the good stuff at the right price, but I just don't have the patience. A couple of times, I had to tell her I was tired and I'd go back to the room and rest. Luckily, we were staying within blocks of the major tourist shops and we could walk back and forth.

Lightwizard, the Serenity Prayer is, indeed, a good one! I'm going to say it now and probably many times before Christmas. And after Christmas, etc., etc.
0 Replies

maximom

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 01:09 pm
Thanks much for your comments, my friends. I was having the most terrible day today - just feeling overwhelmed by an uncooperative world, then I thought, maybe I'll hop on A2K for a bit to relax. Now this is my quiet time and I'm feeling better again.

The "extroverted introvert!" I love it! That's me all the way, too. May I use that sometime?!

Personal Progress: The tree went up on Dec. 1, the lights on Dec. 3... I will put the ornaments on today, because we're having company tomorrow night... otherwise, who knows when I'd get around to it!

Baby steps, baby steps...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 12 Dec, 2002 01:32 pm
maximom- Sure you can use it.

I just got back from a luncheon. Lots of yakking women. After about an hour and a half, I just wanted to S-C-R-E-A-M. Nothing wrong with the gals, but I just can't take that much group frivolity.

It is a dark nasty day today. I have the shades drawn, the lights out, and have shut myself up in my computer room. Now that I have been on A2K for a few minutes, I am beginning to relax!
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 02:21 pm
Hi All!

The holidays are hectic, with seemingly never enough hours in the day for decorating, shopping, parties, etc.

A Christmas present arrived from Helen of Troy posted at Power Steer thread at Abuzz.

I'd like to share good news with you regarding proven alternatives to animal testing ~ printed in the Economist.

Hoping all have a wonderful holiday! ~S~

http://www.economist.com/displaystory.cfm?story_id=1476685
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 01:31:55