Thesis regarding Autism

Reply Wed 7 Dec, 2011 11:28 pm
Autism existed in 1960 and they knew how to diagnose it, nonetheless it was terribly rare; I don't picture writing off any sort of a 600% increase as better diagnosing.

Likewise although there may be a genetic component to the thing, the same Haldane dilemma I've mentioned in evolution threads absolutely forbids believing that a genetic change could be spread around rapidly enough to bring about a 600% increase, and I mean forbids that over the next several millenia, much less the past 40 years.

Air and water in America have been getting substantially cleaner since the 1970s; blaming pollution for the problem doesn't seem reasonable.

Likewise, vaccinations appear to have been ruled out as a cause by good science.

My GUESS is that somebody needs to look into the following possibility:

That some percentage of people are gentically pre-disposed to the business but, that from the days of Alley Oop up to around 1970 - 1980 or so, it usually didn't happen.

The really big change in our environment from around 1980 to the present has been going from an electrical world to an electronic world. As late as 1980 or thereabouts: most people did not have computers in their homes; most cars still had carburators and coil/breaker-point ignitions; most wristwatches were still wound by hand; most clocks were still electrical and not electronic; most homes had no more than one television set...

Obviously we're not going back to the pre-electronic world. But somebody should look into the idea of a possible connection here.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,022 • Replies: 4
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 12:05 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Haldane dilemma I've mentioned in evolution threads absolutely forbids believing that a genetic change could be spread around rapidly enough to bring about a 600% increase, and I mean forbids that over the next several millenia, much less the past 40 years

You must be the only guy on the planet that believes that the "Haldane dilemma" is even a valid concept. Even Haldane separated himself from it as a "DUUUHHHHH" moment in his career.

Like "intrinsic redshift" its a concept that's been layed by the roadside.

However, what you say about autism and its genetic component rather than "diluents" is a matter of advances in research. We learn from mistakes too. AS far as electronic v electric. Why wouldnt say, huge amounts of RF generated from an old 50 chevy be any less of an electronic source?
Tubes gave out waay more Rf than do Ic's.

You are making a claim, now how do you propose to evidence your hypothesis?
gungasnake

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 07:48 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
You are making a claim, now how do you propose to evidence your hypothesis?

I am making a suggestion, not a claim; the suggestion is that somebody might want to look into this stuff.

Other than that, the one thing a 57 Chevy never produced was any sort of a gigahertz signal.
rosborne979

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 08:21 am
@gungasnake,
It seems more likely that they are simply labeling more behavioral issues as "Autism" than they did back then.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 8 Dec, 2011 08:36 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
the one thing a 57 Chevy never produced was any sort of a gigahertz signal.
Radiation supressors were a common feature ever since they started putting radios into cars. The frequency isnt necessarily the issue.
0 Replies