Cover misprint: The Exiles by William Stuart Long

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 11:10 am
I found a book at a flea market, The Exiles by William Stuart Long. The cover of the book says: The breathtaking new series from the creator of THE KENT FAMILY CHRONICLES. Is this a misprint? I know that the Kent Chronicles were written by John Jakes. I don't know if this link will work, but this is the cover of the book: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41utq%2Bm5RJL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 2,210 • Replies: 4
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Nov, 2011 01:07 pm
@megm5441,
I found on a google search that William Stuart Long is one of the writing names of Vivian Stuart, who reads as quite an interesting woman and author. I couldn't find any mention, though, of her having anything to do with the Kent Family Chronicles - not that that is proof that she didn't come up with the idea for them: perhaps she and Jakes knew each other from some kind of writers' organizations and she suggested it to him..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivian_Stuart

0 Replies

josephine37

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 09:46 pm
@megm5441,
we have the set but not the last one, and just checked our exiles and there is nothing on there about the kent family, so I would think you have a very rare one
josephine37

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2012 09:48 pm
@josephine37,
Sorry about that I forgot, has anyone heard if her books have been put on disks

Josephine37
0 Replies

MurrayNoonan

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 08:58 am
@megm5441,
I found this site while searching for the exact same answer. The copy of The Exiles I have says "The breathtaking new series from the creator of The Kent Family Chronicles". Surely William Stuart Long is not John Jakes?
0 Replies