Nobel Physics Prize for Bullshit

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:18 pm
No way they could sink lower than handing Algor a Nobel "Peace Prize(TM)" for work against "global warming(TM)", but they keep trying:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/05/science/space/05nobel.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,834 • Replies: 12
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:23 pm
@gungasnake,
The acceleration of the expansion of the Universe is one of the most exciting and interesting discoveries of our lifetime. Too bad for you that you don't appreciate it. But thanks for posting the article.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:30 pm
@rosborne979,
The universe is not expanding.

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS436US436&aq=f&gcx=c&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=go#pq=go&hl=en&cp=15&gs_id=1i&xhr=t&q=the+big+bang+never+happened&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS436US436&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=the+big+bang+ne&aq=0&aqi=g4&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=51377b7ed42e026c&biw=1440&bih=775
rosborne979

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:35 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:
The universe is not expanding.
Yeh, right. And aliens impregnated monkeys to make people too.
farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:39 pm
@rosborne979,
so all their years of observations were wrong eh?
Do you think maybe a world of other cosmologists and physicists didnt have a shot at their work??

Oh wait, its on the internet, Its gotta be true no?
rosborne979

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:41 pm
@farmerman,
Yeh, all those nobel prize winners are idiots. All they ever do is sit around and study ****. What do they know about anything. But those guys on the internet with flashy arguments and poor data, those guys rock.
farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Nov, 2011 04:45 pm
@rosborne979,
see? now let your mind totally limp and you can see all the IKA stones and the stegosaurs in Lake SUperior
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 07:29 am
The idea of an expanding universe was based entirely on the interpretation of redshift as distance and speed of recession. That idea has been coercively refuted.

http://www.electric-cosmos.org/arp.htm

Basically, Halton Arp and others have demonstrated numerous cases of very high and very low redshift cosmic objects which are clearly part and parcel of the same things.

http://www.haltonarp.com/articles/research_with_Fred/illustrations/figure_1_b.jpg
farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 08:47 am
@gungasnake,
you certainly like to believe in edgy things. Does it give you a r4ush to making-beleive that youve got a clue about anything of which you speak?

gungasnake

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 08:49 am
@farmerman,
7603 Is regarded as settling the issue in favor of Arp and against expanding universe and big bang. This one is not rocket science, you can look at the picture and figure it out for yourself.
farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 09:23 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Basically, Halton Arp and others have demonstrated numerous cases of very high and very low redshift cosmic objects which are clearly part and parcel of the same things.
Criticism of ARps work has been based on the fact that he relied upon his own "peculiar Galaxies" book that was based upon old telescopic tech and few observations. Today, hundreds of thousands of quasars and their redshifts have been observed and the galaxies that ARp clain=ms his "intrinsic redshift" upon have been shown by Hubble scope and other scopes of bigger mirrors and computer corrected visibility fields -to have been separate features not even associated with the galaxies as Arp stated. (He used some old equipment)

I also recall that the change in parsecs of a fewcloser -in galaxies could be seen. I went back to my notes from an astronomy course I audited years ago and got my parallax computer

(m-M)=5{ln D-1}. where D=1/p
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 09:37 am
@gungasnake,
I think that when you're discussing redshift and Universe expansion, it is rocket science.... kinda by definition.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Thu 24 Nov, 2011 06:39 pm
Arp was banned from observatories in the U.S. for this particular flavor of thought crime and then picked up by the Max Planck Institute. Kind of like the fairytale about the ugly duckling which turned out to be a swan.
0 Replies