Where are all the churches in the mist of this?

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 11:42 am
@Sturgis,
Very good reply and I seem to agree with everything you said!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 04:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Both parties are doing things that are extremely detrimental to society from my observations.

Within my experience it isn't close. I have a baker's half dozen or so serious issues with conservatives and Republicans; pretty much everything dems ever do is some sort of an issue.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 04:56 pm
@reasoning logic,
The only one here displaying an adolescent attitude is you. It's hilarious really, the way you are willing to agree with almost anyone. You don't seem to actually have a point of view on anything. Certainly i don't ever see you staking out a definite opinion and defending it.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 05:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

The churches around you are helping to stop foreclosures in your neighborhood? Must be nice!

No, churches are "helping people being thrown out of their homes". That was your. I could post church soup kitchens or churches hosting homeless families if you really think churches in your area don't know how to do that, but maybe churches in your area are already doing that and you just haven't been participating.
engineer

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 05:13 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

A man came to the church door, expressed that he was hungry and asked if the minister could give him a bite to eat. The minister refused.

I'm surprised to hear that no one had ever asked him for food before because the ministers I know have that happen all the time. Most churches around here have a budget item for ministers to give away small sums to help when someone asks.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 05:13 pm
@engineer,
I used to work in a homeless families shelter. Dys and i often discussed the issue of christian charity. He and i both felt that the most reliably helpful religious service organizations were Catholic Social Services and Lutheran Social Services. Both provided food and clothing services to homeless families and individuals. The Catholic Social Services provided domiciliary services to single mothers who had their children with them. Lutheran Social Services seemed more inclined to direct homeless families to individual Lutheran congregations who would then provide help as they thought best. I was far less impressed with other denominations.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 05:27 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
No, churches are "helping people being thrown out of their homes"

Maybe we should forward this video to churches so they too can help people from being thrown out of their homes!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sun 27 Nov, 2011 06:38 am
Have you noticed all of the christian and other religious responses to this thread?

This is certainly one video that some people may not want to see.

A police state where a large majority of the religious community remains silent.

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 11:56 am
izzythepush

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 12:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 01:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Have you noticed all of the christian and other religious responses to this thread?

Yeah, i've seen all the evidence that those people aren't stupid enough to take the bait. Surprise, surprise--none of them want to be your whipping boy. What a maroon.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 01:05 pm
izzythepush

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 01:08 pm
@reasoning logic,
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 01:50 pm
I notice that some police are speaking out, I wonder how long before we start to see more God loving people speaking out.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 02:47 pm
@reasoning logic,
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 02:53 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

I notice that some police are speaking out, I wonder how long before we start to see more God loving people speaking out.

The God-loving people are shrouded in mist.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 1 Dec, 2011 05:33 pm
@wandeljw,
Do you think that we have any hope in removing that shroud and bringing them out of the mist so that they too can see the light?

I would think that people should stand up for what they believe in or don't even preach it. maybe others have a different point of view.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 12:09 pm
@reasoning logic,
When are the Nihilists going to stand up for what they believe in? That's what I want to know.
Setanta

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 12:51 pm
@izzythepush,
You're havin' too much fun . . .
izzythepush

Reply Fri 2 Dec, 2011 01:03 pm
@Setanta,
At least I'm posting videos that are entertaining to watch, and I don't insist people watch them.
0 Replies