1
   

Memories of war protests and civil rights demonstrations.

 
 
Booman
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 06:09 pm
Right Edgar,
...People seem to forget, that although "life is simple,people are compicated." For instance, no matter what othes think about republicans, the scariest, and most consistant thing about them to me, is as soon as they get into office, the first thing they want to do is cut funds on education, and culture. Crying or Very sad
0 Replies
 
BillW
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 06:30 pm
and go to war
0 Replies
 
perception
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 06:57 pm
BillW

You say in your signature "Ignorance is preferable to error" may I suggest you live by your code and stop making so many errors and just keep wading around in your swamp of ignorance.
0 Replies
 
Booman
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:03 pm
Shocked Ooooooh.........Forum Fight!......Forum Fight!
0 Replies
 
BillW
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:16 pm
From someone who thinks all indians should be dead perception, I take that as a compliment. Thank you!

I take it that blacks, chicanos, arabs, asians and jews are included in that view also. Then it would be the country the way you invisioned it.
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:25 pm
"and you can be the first one on your block
to have your boy come home in a box
and its a one, two, three, what are we fightin' for
don't ask me, i don't give a damn next stop is Viet Nam"
0 Replies
 
JoanneDorel
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:25 pm
Booman you are too funny. Is a forum fight that much different that a food fight?
0 Replies
 
dyslexia
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:28 pm
booman: i thought that went "although life is simple, people are constipated" but i could be wrong.
0 Replies
 
JoanneDorel
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:28 pm
Jesse Jackson
0 Replies
 
BillW
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:40 pm
Powerful stuff, thank you Joanne
0 Replies
 
Booman
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:47 pm
Joanne,
...Not as messy, but looks like it might get uglier.
Dyslexia,
...Actually it's an original statement, but I can't complain. I have taken liberties with other peoples lines in the past. "I have seen the payback, and his name is Dyslexia!" :wink:
0 Replies
 
JoanneDorel
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 07:51 pm
I love Jesse, I have met him and I love him. I love Jesse so much I do not even bother to argue about whether he is right or wrong. I know where he stand on most issues and at least 90% I agree with him and the other 10% I apply the my so what theory.

The so what theory was developed while I was working as a labor relations professional on the union side of the table. When ever management tried to get me to side track into frivolous argument over issues of say contract language which could only be resolved before an arbitrator or an ALJ I would just say over and over silently to myself (with an attentive look on my face of course) SO WHAT. Another good theory is the fjck you I will see ya at the hearing theory (that needs no explanation).
0 Replies
 
Booman
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:09 pm
Yeah, I reckon thaat doesn't need any explanation. (whew) ....I'll tell you something I love about Jesse. When the big-time interviewers try to trap him he has answer for everything. You can't do that unless you have solid foundation.
0 Replies
 
JoanneDorel
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:17 pm
You can if you have a solid foundation and you are brilliant.
0 Replies
 
Booman
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Dec, 2002 08:35 pm
Oh yeah, forgot about the brilliant part. that's one thing his detracters never accused him of, that's being dumb.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 10:08 am
There are new legends to be made this Martin Luther King Day. I hope all who can will participate.
0 Replies
 
Booman
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 10:44 am
Edgar,
...Do you see any legends to be, on the horizon?
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 10:47 am
I was semi joking. A poster early in the thread made it sound as though were making up our own legends about 60s protest days. I meant here that we would be telling future young people about the new peace protests and might be accused similarly.
0 Replies
 
Booman
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 11:02 am
0 Replies
 
Booman
 
  1  
Reply Sun 12 Jan, 2003 01:44 pm
Not even close. The 60's were full of real heroes and legends that shook the world....Ahh you're pobably right, some will likely be manufactured.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

 
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 11/23/2020 at 04:09:54