What's The Worst thing That Ever Happened To You?

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 07:18 am
I have had some terrible things happen to me in my life beginning with when my Father abandoned me in a gas station on my 4th. birthday. There are countless numbers of people who have had way worse things than that happen to them. I have also had a few good things happen to me. I'm not talking about things that were a result of your own choices or behaviors but just those random things that sometimes come to all of us for good or evil.

I came to realize just this morning, when I made this statement on facebook in jest, that this really IS the worst thing that has ever happened to me.

I have, somewhere along the way, become cynical about love. The most important thing in the world, the one thing we want above all else, and I have become cynical and mistrusting of it. Man that sucks.

How about you?

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:18 am
The day my mother wed my step father. Nuf said.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:33 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Your dad abandoned you at a gas station on your 4th birthday!?

WTF?

Right now I feel like my life has been all rainbows and unicorns. Seriously.
Ceili

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 08:46 am
@boomerang,
Tru dat.
Bear, if I've learned anything, it's that life has it's ups and downs. You'll love again. Right now, you're tired.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 09:23 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I never knew that you were abandoned as a child. It is possible that is why you question love.

I am slow at making friends. When I was ten, I was molested by a total stranger (not a relative, not a clergyman, not a boy scout leader, but actually a total stranger). It was in a secluded area and I was alone.

A single bad event may affect how we relate to people. I try to avoid allowing one bad experience to determine how I am as a human being.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 09:29 am
I got shot in Reno by a man who just wanted to see me die.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 09:50 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I was born in 1929. My father died when I was seven months old. My mother died six months later. I was adopted by a family who wanted the $5,000 left to me by my parents. The mother beat me until I threatened to hit her back when I was sixteen. She constantly threatened to send me back to the orphanage. One more thing, I was raped by two men when I was four years old. I survived.

BBB
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 09:56 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 12, she passed away when I was 17, then when I was 20 my father was diagnosed with lung cancer and he passed away two years later. I’ve been on my own since I was 22.

Now I live on the opposite side of the country and started my own little family here in Florida and I haven’t been this happy in years.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 10:06 am
I've mostly considered myself either blessed or just darn lucky. I didn't know it until I was in my 20's and heard other peoples stories like the ones here. My woes are trivial compared to the majority of people. I can't complain about a damn thing. If the last 1/3 of my life is as good as the first 2/3rds I will die content.
CalamityJane

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 10:20 am
@Green Witch,
You know that's exactly how I feel, although I see it as darn lucky. I had great parents and cannot complain about my life then or now. I've had setbacks, who hasn't - but overall I made the right decisions, even though it was mostly contrary to everyone else advice, it worked out for me. Even if the last 1/3 of my life would be a hardship for me, I still will be content as long as I am healthy. If you lose your health, all bets are off!
Linkat

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 11:50 am
@CalamityJane,
About the same for me - although the other day, I dropped something heavy on my toe and it really hurt - I thought I could have broken it - but only bruised it badly.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 12:27 pm
@joefromchicago,
Strange, that's the one thing I never really felt a twinge of conscience about.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 12:28 pm
@boomerang,
not that big a deal compared to my half brothers and sisters who had to grow up under his roof, I'm betting.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 01:29 pm
I think being able to talk about it is a good and healthy thing.
I can't (won't?). But every so often something like this thread
brings it to mind. That's also a good thing because I can think
about, reflect on it and deal with the pain. Then I can put it
away again for a while longer.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 05:50 pm
I was lied to.
It turned out that the love I thought would save me wasn't anything but a shell.

I crashed my bicycle in the middle of a pack and got smacked by three or four more riders.

I got better

Joe(the pain was about the same)Nation
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 18 Oct, 2011 07:17 pm
Ain't life odd? I shared this post this AM and this afternoon a family member I have shown nothing but devotion to betrayed my trust and really hurt my feelings. I didn't realize I could still get my feelings hurt. No matter how fucked up things are there is unlimited potential for things to get more fucked up.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 19 Oct, 2011 04:38 pm
I've told some stories about when I was a kid that made people blanche, but I don't think back on it as being all that horrible. I had my brother and sister and I had lots of friends. Frankly there was a time in my late teens when I didn't think life could get any better than I'd had it as a kid. It did and it does.

I'm not complaining. It could have been a lot worse and it still can.
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 06:12 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
Does it suck? If you haven't 'got any' so to speak at the moment, then what is a better mental space to occupy?

It won't last forever. People go through phases, love leaves and you go through a phase of pain and analysis, a reinterpretation of the events which happened and a realsiation of what you projected onto the situation and then you meet someone again and you don't give a **** about any of the analysis because it seems hollow in relation to their resonance.

I'd rather be cynical than be longing right now, I think.
The Pentacle Queen

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 06:13 am
@Joe Nation,
Why did you think love would 'save' you, as opposed to was just great?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 24 Oct, 2011 06:26 am
@The Pentacle Queen,
well then mission accomplished I suppose. Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What's The Worst thing That Ever Happened To You?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:14:46