What Christian philosopher seems the most correct to you in his philosophical ideas?

windy34

Reply Thu 13 Oct, 2011 06:34 pm
I am studying different philosophers and I was wondering who's seems most correct in their philosophical ideas to you. There is Pascal, Kierkegaard, Ockham, Aquinas, Augustine, Descrates, Derrida, and others. Give me your opinion and the reasons for it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,771 • Replies: 7
No top replies

fresco

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 05:22 am
@windy34,
Derrida, because he was Jewish ! Laughing
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 14 Oct, 2011 09:36 am
@windy34,
Among those you list, Kierkegaard.
0 Replies

MoralPhilosopher23

Reply Tue 28 Aug, 2012 07:21 am
@windy34,
I really enjoyed reading Kierkegaard's Teleological Suspension of the Ethical. As for the current time, Dr. William Lane Craig is our most prominent Christian philosopher. His book "The Cosmological Argument from Plato to Leibniz" is very interesting if you are interesting in logical explanations for beliefs.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 06:42 pm
I find the so called "Christian philosophers" tedious and pretentious. Kierkegaard's discussion of Abraham's faith and his blathering over the "knight of infinite resignation" . . . Cut it out! He was too steeped in trinitarian doctrine to make the connection between God's sacrifice of his Firstborn and the anguish Abraham must have felt as he set out to obey God's command. If we believe Jesus to be God, Abraham's faith makes no sense and Jesus' sacrifice becomes just another story. Hence, Kierkegaard's resort to word smorgasbord.

Perhaps a return to the simplicity of the scriptures would be in order. Recall this saying of Jesus: : “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes. " (John 11:25)
JLNobody

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 11:12 am
@neologist,
Neologist, your quote from Jesus:“I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes. " (John 11:25) is amazingly consistent with the perspective of zen Buddhism.

neologist

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 11:59 am
@JLNobody,
JLNobody wrote:
Neologist, your quote from Jesus:“I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to babes. " (John 11:25) is amazingly consistent with the perspective of zen Buddhism.
There are a lot of really intelligent members on a2k. I try to look at things the way my friend Joe Sixpack might view them. Sometimes I look like a jerk, I guess.
JLNobody

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 04:33 pm
@neologist,
Not at all, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
0 Replies