Freemasons have to go

Rockhead

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 03:31 pm
@jespah,
actually, I used to wait tables at the Freemason's lunch.

they eat very well...

tips, not so much.
Ceili

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 03:58 pm
@Rockhead,
Me too, every thursday for a few years. I concur on the lousy tips as well...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 04:05 pm
I suppose now I'll have to kill my cousin's husband.
I'm ill prepared for this.
I'll have to work up a new tomato sauce recipe.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 05:05 pm
@Rockhead,
They are responsible for a lot of wierd approved planning applications over here. From what little I know about the matter I don't think that is so apparent in the US.

If you have markets you won't ever stop people conspiring to rig them.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 06:25 pm
I think the Freemasons are "free" as in speech.

Setanta

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 06:46 pm
@maxdancona,
The term freemason refers to men who were not bound to the land, who were not serfs. The brotherhood of masons was the first large, non-aristocratic organization in Europe. These men, with their families, travelled across Europe pretty much at will, with their services in high demand. They arose in the period when the lords of the church were building cathedrals, and the lords of the land were building castles of stone (as opposed to the wooden stockades they had previously used). The masons made a point of calling themselves freemasons to distinguish themselves from the serfs who were bound to the land.
George

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 07:23 pm
@Setanta,
Interesting stuff from: aboutfreemasons.com

There has been some speculation as to where the history of the term
“Freemason” comes from. Historians have found that medieval
stonemasons were sometimes called "Freemasons." The name may also
come from the French word “Maçon,” which refers to a mason working in a
Lodge allowed to work on Church property free from taxation or regulation
by the King or the local government. The origins of the word may also stem
from the French term "frere Macon" which translated literally into "brother
Mason."

Other historians believe that the term Freemasons comes from the term
“Free Men,” used to refer to men who were not serfs and not indentured,
and so were free to move from one place to another. Some believe that
the name comes from the word "freestone," which is a type of quarry
stone.
LionTamerX

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 07:31 pm
The truth of the matter is that we are a bunch of uncircumspect philatelists who like to run around nekkid... Hence the "free" in freemason.

And we eat a little too well.
George

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 07:34 pm
@LionTamerX,
. . . the answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind . . .
LionTamerX

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 07:39 pm
@George,
Heh... Actually, if anyone is really interested, most of our Grand Lodges have pretty informative websites, and links to articles and such. Just google your state or territory plus the words grand lodge.
For such a secret society, we have precious few secrets.
Diego Garcia

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 08:46 pm
@LionTamerX,
Do we need a password?
Thomas

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 10:38 pm
@yhwh,
yhwh wrote:
Charles' obviously Jewish traits are evidence of a conspiracy which involved The Vatican while allied to Hitler Via Mousolini. Hitler had a personal relationship with members of the (German) UK royal family.

My great-grandfather was a freemason during the reign of Hitler. I assure you there was no love lost between Hitler and them. Freemasons were deputy bogeymen of his, perhaps third in line after Jews and communists, and one of the first things he did after coming to power was to criminalize their organization and to prosecute their members. As for the Catholic Church, its contribution to freemasonry was to excommunicate each of its members that it knew of. Where on Earth did you hear nonsense like this?
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 11:36 pm
@George,
George wrote:

Whatever happened to Solve et Coagula anyway?

Perhaps he came back reincarnated as yhwh. Btw, what is that -- a Hebraization of Yahweh?

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Wed 5 Oct, 2011 11:50 pm
Freemasons and nonsense seem to have a natural affinity for one another.

I know they are to be feared and loathed as a powerful force in the world, but my few experiences with Masons have been amusing rather than fearsome.

I recall once meeting with a contractor to discuss several jobs. During the small talk section of the meeting he asked me a few typical polite questions to one of which I answered something like:

Quote:
"You know, spending a lot of time travelling out East. Seem to be having breakfast in the Hamptons a lot more than I ever would have expected."

Before I finished my answer I noticed that his eyes opened wide and when he responded we was obviously excited about something:

Quote:
"Sometimes the fox will find the light in the morning too bright"

It seemed odd, but it was small talk and I tried to keep it going with something along the lines of :

Quote:
" I can't imagine that there are too many foxes out and around in the morning. You know I wonder if they go fox hunting out there near the dunes."

After this he practically burst out with something like

Quote:
"But if the mill isn't operating properly the town will be without bread!"

And this point I just sort of chuckled and said

Quote:
"Uh Jim, I don't know where we're going with this, but I'm not sure I'm following you."

He instantly got a sheepish look on his face and started to apologize. Apparently something I said about traveling in the East was close enough to the first in a sequence of secret coded messages Freemasons use to identify one another.

I think it was mentioning something like "dunes" that made him think he had actually made contact with a fellow Mason and was getting to use the secret lingo.

He admitted it didn’t sound real close to the actual proper response but he was excited enough that he had to give another shot and throw out the mills and bread bit.

Apparently he had just passed his rite or finished the last novice ritual because he had gaining entry into the first circle or band or whatever. Once it became clear I was not a Mason, he asked me if I would like for him to sponsor me so I could join.

I passed. The light was too bright that morning.

I later learned from someone who also claimed to be a Mason that Jim was full of crap and that he had no idea what he was talking about.

I don't know, I still think of it a mysterious event in my past and sometimes wonder how different my life would be if I had accepted his sponsorship and became one of the most powerful men on Earth.
Lustig Andrei

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 12:19 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You do sound like you're a widow's son, Finn.
0 Replies

wayne

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 12:55 am
Free Masons lost the element of surprise long ago, the guys you gotta watch out for are the Free Hod Carriers.
LionTamerX

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 04:43 am
@Diego Garcia,
Quote:
Do we need a password?

Nope.
0 Replies

Setanta

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 05:15 am
@wayne,
Tim Finnegan likved in Walken Street
A gentle Irishman, mighty odd
He'd a beautiful brogue so rich and sweet
And to rise in the world he carried a hod . . .
George

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 05:56 am
@Setanta,
Tsch! Will ye be after singin now?
A voice like that'd raise the dead.
LionTamerX

Thu 6 Oct, 2011 07:47 am
@wayne,
Quote:
Free Masons lost the element of surprise long ago, the guys you gotta watch out for are the Free Hod Carriers.

You mean the Hodfellows ? They have a lodge right down the street.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 03:40:04