Small (But Significant) Pleasures

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 07:56 pm
I have a new computer for only a week or so. I downloaded the Google Toolbar, in order to block Pop-Up Windows on internet websites. I have the toolbar configured to make a "popping" sound, every time a pop-up is blocked. In addition there is a little icon that looks like a cartoon of the flash that a firecracker would make.

It is a little thing, but the sound of the pop-up blocker affords me enormous pleasure. In the short time that the toolbar has been installed, it has blocked 226 pop-ups!

Do you have something in your life that is a small, but significant pleasure. Please share!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,989 • Replies: 35
No top replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 08:05 pm
Having all my files ready for court - prior to 24 hours before going to court.

It's a small thing really, but the significance is in the extra time it affords me to do other non-court related things.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 08:10 pm
Phoenix, I think you just introduced us to a new toy ... I don't suppose you have a link????????

I have something on my desktop someone may like, it's free:

Webpage Title

It brings out your creative forces and keeps your "To Do" lists in order.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 08:17 pm
Misti-

http://toolbar.google.com/

Your link looks adorable! Very Happy
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 08:26 pm
I'm thinking of getting that corkboard. I like it's look.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 08:39 pm
Thank you Phoenix, I can't wait for the first block pop!

I love these thingys!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 08:43 pm
Go for it Onyxelle, I think you'll like it ... it's a small download, you can always uninstall if you wish! You can put your own pictures up there or browse the web, make new pics every day, and be as crazily creative as you feel you want to be:)
0 Replies

princessash185

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 08:49 pm
google toolbar is the best. . . no mac version, however. . .

Phoenix, your story reminded me of a nifty gadget I saw on the plane coming back yesterday. . . a fly trap that catches flies and makes a "gulp-burp" when they're suitably disposed of :-)

in terms of simply pleasurable things, I got a new alarm clock for christmas that doesn't need to be reset every day (I know this is way standard, but I'm living in the past on this one). Every night now I spring up to set it, see the bell icon, remember, and smile with a quiet satisfaction. . .
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 09:02 pm
When I turned 60 I made a Binding Oath to remember everything that I complained about: weather, stupid e mails, exasperating stepsons, rude people, etc.--and then just plain glory in the opposite.

Pollyanna and I are marching through the third millennium.

Last weekend I detested the just-above-zero temperatures on the thermomenter. Today I enjoyed ice-melting (with chemical reinforcement temperatures in the high teens.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 08:02 pm
Noddy, way to go! I love people who can turn negatives into anything but what they are!

Look ahead, spring is there, somewhere:)
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:51 pm
Conversation is my small but signifigant pleasure.

Lately I've had very little time to converse in person or on line and I miss it. I did sit down and write a few emails today and I feel so much better for it.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 09:54 pm
I like the new spam filter I have at home...what a relief now that it has 'learned' my spam and automatically puts it away and i dont ever have to see it...ahh the joy.
Now, the one at work has been problematic but, itll work out as well eventually.

An automatically resetting alarm clock???? Okay...I would like that...well, except on Saturdays or Sundays but, the rest of the time..that would be nice...didnt even know there was such a thing!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 09:08 pm
Small pleasures are abundant, come to think of it!

Remote control, when I can find it.
A kitty who taps me on the back when I don't respond to the alarm clock:)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 09:15 pm
hey Misti...I have one of those little girls...however mine taps me on the head repeatedly....it really is a pleasure once I can think about it for a second.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 09:33 pm
quinn1, I just find it hysterical ... it makes me smile first thing in the morning ....... who wouldn't have a good day:)

That's even funnier, tapping you on the head ... ouch!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 09:37 pm
Noddy, your post is one I can identify with, having turned 60 this year and deciding to make a couple of major, positive changes in my life. Looking on the bright side is what keeps life sweet.

Now, for another small pleasure that isn't particularly imaginative---being able to go to the bathroom after having to 'hold' it for a long time.
Ahhhh...., one of life's small pleasures.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 09:45 pm
Misti..she just started doing this in the last few months..and it does make me smile..but, its confusing at first...she dose get a big hug for it eventually

Diane...going to the bathroom after holding...in a bathroom is a double small pleasure Wink
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 10:05 pm
Awwwwwwwww Quinn1, how wonderful ... how old is she?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 10:06 pm
7 and I have no idea why this all started but, its cute anyway
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2004 10:09 pm
I get to work about an hour before the others show up. I go online for a few minutes and after that I indulge one of my little pleasures. In the outer office is a couch. I stretch out on it until the first person arrives. Oh, that feels good.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Small (But Significant) Pleasures
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 04:54:51