Sturgis

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 08:03 am
Trust me on this one, the shells are just too sensitive sometimes. Not always, just some of the time.

Sure it can be done successfully, many times I've managed it without incident. The other day though, after the box of eggs tilted and the eggs rolled gleefully across the floor, I grabbed one with my foot. UGH! The danged shell broke.

Not to be deterred, I went for the next one with my now slimey toes. Success!

Rather than risk more disaster, I picked the rest up by hand, then cleaned everything up including my foot. Then, having built up an appetite, I fried 3 eggs, flipped them gently then placed them on 2 slices of toasted pumpernickel.

I can hardly wait to have the egg box tilt again so I can get another chance at flexing my toes and proving my skills aren't gone.

It probably wouldn't have happened with a nice costly Fabergé egg, what with all the external designing to give the toes something to geb hold of. If you have any Fabergé eggs, send 'em my way.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,063 • Replies: 14

roger

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2011 01:43 pm
@Sturgis,
Have you considered getting a hobby? A different one, I mean.
farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 05:43 pm
@roger,
I like eggs two ways, pickled hard cooked eggs and easy overs(covered while frying). I am a raging nut who goes totally bug **** if my sunny side ups get broken in the fry pan.
I alays get a small salad bowl and carefully break the eggs into two separate bowls per person. One bowl, one raw egg, I get a griddle or big fry pan really hot and mix olive oil and butter and wait till the beutter begins bubbling. Turn the heat down to medium (Or use an induction stovetop or cooker at 425.
Eggs go in one at a time and the pan is immediately covered , the power turned off and allow it to cook for exactly 1 minute.
Prfect over easy without overing them at all.
They must be served with buttered whole wheat toast qnd bacon NOT overly crispy
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 06:27 pm
@farmerman,
I like your breakfast thinking. I might add thick sliced tomatoes (Brandywines)
on the side.
TomTomBinks

Reply Fri 25 Aug, 2017 06:29 pm
@Sturgis,
Quote:
It probably wouldn't have happened with a nice costly Fabergé egg, what with all the external designing to give the toes something to geb hold of. If you have any Fabergé eggs, send 'em my way.

I'm thinking about getting some Faberge chickens. When I do I'll have loads of Faberge eggs. I'll send you some.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 04:55 am
@TomTomBinks,
I raise Faberge Chickens, but theyre gonna cost ya. They only eat Art Nouveau food.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 04:57 am
@TomTomBinks,
Quote:
I like your breakfast thinking. I might add thick sliced tomatoes (Brandywines)
on the side.
Actually, somehow I fucked up. I wanted to respond to osso's thread about "Ho do you like your eggs"? and somehow it got shunted to Sturgis egg/foot fetish.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 03:31 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
..somehow got shunted to...egg/foot fetish.

I am appalled! It's not a fetish, it's simply a matter of being too lazy to bend or stoop down to pick up the egg when it goes rolling.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 06:00 pm
@Sturgis,
yes , but to want to do it with a Faberge egg. Very Tricky
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 07:02 pm
@Sturgis,
toes are too short... damn my inferior genetics!
ossobucotemp

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 08:04 pm
@TomTomBinks,
My toes could be too long on occasion.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 26 Aug, 2017 11:42 pm
@TomTomBinks,
Toe length is not the issue. You need flexibility!

Now get to practicing, eggs are on sale at many local markets.

(Use hard boiled eggs until you get the hang of it)
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 06:31 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Quote:
My toes could be too long on occasion.

You should have no trouble at all. I'm actually going to try it, but I'm going to wait 'till everyone else goes to bed..
emmett grogan

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 07:54 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Have you considered getting a hobby? A different one, I mean.

Why? I find his current hobby different enough.
0 Replies

TomTomBinks

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2017 09:15 pm
@TomTomBinks,
OK, I just spent the last five minutes trying to pick up an egg with my foot. I did not succeed, I ended up cracking the egg (hard boiled thank goodness).
Well, anything for science!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Picking up eggs with the foot
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 04:05:51