Firefox shuts down...

Trevoc

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 07:08 pm
...when I do a Google or Yahoo search, I get the results and boom, my Firefox shuts down and a popup box full of technical data comes up thats not clear to me even though I am pretty computer savvy.

I've tried turning off my Java and it still happens. Oh, I also use Pale Moon, which is a clone of Firefox, and it doesn't happen when I used Pale Moon.

I've upgraded to the last two updates of Firefox, and it happens to both updates.

If anyone understands what is happening, I'd appreciate some advice even if its another forum or page to go to. Its annoying to search and know your Firefox will shut down instantly.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,213 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 07:31 pm
@Trevoc,
A few details as to what the technical data was saying would sure help.

In the meantime, have you investigated any of the troubleshooting tips for Firefox crashes on their help page?

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Firefox%20crashes
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 07:31 pm
@Trevoc,
I don't know why it's doing that, but I would suggest you uninstall FF completely, then reinstall it. Save your profile/bookmarks before doing that.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 11 Sep, 2011 07:33 pm
Also, here's a link to their support forums and a topic addressing the same problem you attempt to describe:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions/677112
0 Replies