Why are there so many incompetent boobs?

kickycan

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 02:09 am
Mhatte-Rhaye, thanks for the advice. I have a pretty good life, actually. And despite that, I actually think about stuff sometimes, and sometimes I even think about things that bother me. I even enjoy getting crap off my chest on able2know sometimes. Having a life and sometimes thinking about annoying things are not mutually exclusive. I love thinking about annoying things actually, and I love to hate. It's kind of like a fun hobby for me. How about I stick to this little hobby of mine, and you stick to your crayolas.

Sometimes thoughts just pop into people's heads, and we feel the urge to blurt them out. That's what websites like this are for, really. Just blurting out thoughts. Who knows, maybe incompetence is it's own reward. You seem to have it all figured out. I guess that's why you felt the need to come to a website like able2know to get some relief. How "enlightened" you must feel.

No offense, man.
0 Replies

Heat

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 08:36 am
I think it may just be that those stand out and are remembered, not that there are so many of them! Smile

Many times the boobs do make sense if you listen long enough as they tend to do a 180 eventually. Wink
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 08:56 am
I recommend "Why Nothing Works" by Marvin Harris, originally titled "America Now" (but it didn't sell well under the first title).

Yeeikes! I can barely stand the mundacity, the idiocy, the ineptitude, the lack of pride.

Everyone must be on drugs.

(God, I feel like an old coot.)

On the other hand, the occassional rare soul stands out. The cashier at the neighborhood convenience store who goes the extra inch. The drug store checkout clerk who always wishes me--an infrequent customer--a good day. The one home-health care therapist out of a whole team who really cares, listens, and offers excellent solutions. I try to focus on those types of people. They are there, just few and far between.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 19 Jan, 2004 09:06 am
No-one's mentioned "Zen and the Art of Motorcyle Maintenance" yet.

That's about quality and pride in self and in own performance. And how rarely it is found, a workman who can pride him/herself in a job well done.

A common theme.
0 Replies

Mhatte-Rhaye

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:04 pm
Shocked I am in tears after reading dupre's post. I mean... What an optomist! Instead of complaining about all the crapy stuff, just look at all the pleasent people surrounding you, if any... Seriously, I did enjoy your post, but I enjoy my non-optomistic views, so I'll just stick with that.

Sorry, if I offended you, kickycan. I was simply saying, the incompetent boobs were quite content with themselves. Who would be the cruel and inhumane one to take that away from them? I mean, Wilso does have a point for a change. Smile
Quote:
Of course they're content. They don't take any responsibility. They go through life with their brains switched off, and the rest of us have to clean up their constant messes.

I wasn't realy thinking about the mess they leave behind. but... they do take responsibility for it... most of the time. It is, as far as I know, acceptable to fire someone for incompetence. One must be lenient and sympathetic to some extent, but if inefficeincy is overwhelming there is no alternaive but to relieve the boob.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 04:21 pm
If anyone's boobs need relief I'd be happy to help.

Wilso, those turned off machines are simply laziness and a "get back at the man" mentality. Those people should be fired on the spot, but I doubt their union will allow that.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 11:10 pm
cjhsa wrote:
If anyone's boobs need relief I'd be happy to help.

Wilso, those turned off machines are simply laziness and a "get back at the man" mentality. Those people should be fired on the spot, but I doubt their union will allow that.

The problem is they're not getting back at "the man". It's just other poor working stiffs like the sparkies who cop the crap if the machine isn't fixed in reasonable time.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2004 11:40 pm
Re: Why are there so many incompetent boobs?
kickycan wrote:
From the idiot who fills up the Pepsi machine where I work, who repeatedly puts diet pepsi in the slot for Pepsi, to the cashier, who when my total comes to $20.35, can't understand that I'm giving them $21.10 so that I can get quarters back in my change, and looks at me like I'm purposely trying to ruin her day with that incredibly hard math problem, it seems like more and more people are just plain incompetent, and are fine with that. I believe it is because there are no consequences for stupid actions anymore.

Before going any further with this line of reasoning I suggest you provide some kind of evidence that incompetancy is increasing. Personal anecdotes are worthless.

I have to disagree. It seems to me that complaining about societies general incompetancy is ubiquitous to every age and every society.

Quote:
The guy who fills up the Pepsi machine? There's a number to call if there's a problem. I've called it, and after going through several menus, the line goes dead. The cashier? she can't do math because her teacher is too busy dealing with the little hoodlums in the class that a kid who is quiet and stupid gets pushed right on through to the next grade. President Bush starts a war based on completely false "evidence" and it's okay, because we're all "safer" now.

Isn't it about time people started being held accountable for their actions?

I don't think the solution (if you want to call it that) to the general incompetancy in our society is as facile as that.

You have to draw a distinction between people who choose to act in an incompetant manner and people who lack the intellectual capacity to go beyond thier incompetancy.

For example: The cashier vs the Pepsi dude.

Pepsi-boy loads the machine wrong because it is easier and there are no consequences. In this case, increased accountability would probably solve the problem. If the Pepsi-fool knew that mis-loading the machine was a fireable offense he would almost certainly take the extra few seconds to ensure that his job was done correctly.

On the other hand, take the example of the cashier. If the cashier at your local Anal Sex Depot is hopelessly confounded when you give her an extra ten cents, it is likely that she is simply incapable of working out the math in her head. No amount of accountability is going to fix her intellectual bankruptcy.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:12:44