Why are there so many incompetent boobs?

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 01:40 am
From the idiot who fills up the Pepsi machine where I work, who repeatedly puts diet pepsi in the slot for Pepsi, to the cashier, who when my total comes to $20.35, can't understand that I'm giving them $21.10 so that I can get quarters back in my change, and looks at me like I'm purposely trying to ruin her day with that incredibly hard math problem, it seems like more and more people are just plain incompetent, and are fine with that. I believe it is because there are no consequences for stupid actions anymore.

The guy who fills up the Pepsi machine? There's a number to call if there's a problem. I've called it, and after going through several menus, the line goes dead. The cashier? she can't do math because her teacher is too busy dealing with the little hoodlums in the class that a kid who is quiet and stupid gets pushed right on through to the next grade. President Bush starts a war based on completely false "evidence" and it's okay, because we're all "safer" now.

Isn't it about time people started being held accountable for their actions?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,620 • Replies: 27
No top replies

roger

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 02:07 am
Yes.
0 Replies

Smiley

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 02:17 am
Please go right ahead.

People need to be held accountable for their actions,
so what actions will you be taking to make sure this happens? :-)
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 02:38 am
Agree with Roger. Unfortunately we live in the "blame someone else" age.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 05:11 am
There's not much that one can say; no one can defend incompetence. Perhaps it's because, today, hard work seems superluous to some when they feel that they can get along without putting any effort into what they do.

0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 05:20 am
dròm_et_rêve wrote:
There's not much that one can say; no one can defend incompetence. Perhaps it's because, today, hard work seems superluous to some when they feel that they can get along without putting any effort into what they do.

That's very right. I work in a place where 90% of the people turn their brains off as soon as they walk through the gate. It's too easy to let someone else take responsibility.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 05:24 am
It's sad, Wilso; people don't aim to do well, but to be content with mediocrity. Some people don't want to stand out of the crowd...

0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 05:43 am
yup.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 06:00 am
I dunno Kickycan - you seem to be having a bit of a bad hair life.

(Always Look On The Bright Side of Life
from
Monty Python's Life of Brian)

Cheer up, Brian. You know what they say.
Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad.
Other things just make you swear and curse.
When you're chewing on life's gristle,
Don't grumble, give a whistle!
And this'll help things turn out for the best...
And...
the music fades into the song

...always look on the bright side of life!
whistle

Always look on the bright side of life...
If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten!
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing,

When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps,
Just purse your lips and whistle -- that's the thing!
And... always look on the bright side of life...

whistle
Come on!

other start to join in
Always look on the bright side of life...
whistle

For life is quite absurd,
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow!
Forget about your sin -- give the audience a grin,
Enjoy it -- it's the last chance anyhow!

So always look on the bright side of death!
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
Life's a piece of sh*t,
When you look at it.

Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true,
You'll see it's all a show,
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you!

And always look on the bright side of life...
whistle
Always look on the bright side of life
whistle
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 06:03 am
True; looking at the bad side of everything will just mean catching your death earlier. Perhaps concentrate on not joining them in their incompetence.

0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 07:58 am
Although, the note being able to make change thing is pretty bad. It's a side effect... smart machines make for lazy people.

The answer to the Pepsi machine is simple... don't give them any more of your money.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 08:18 am
Would it be unreasonable to take a sledge hammer to the Pepsi machine?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 08:41 am
People are vociferous about their "rights" and have little idea at all about their responsibilities.

This is an unwelcome fairly modern phenomenon.

And, bar staff used to be able to take your order and tell you what it cost. Now, they have to punch it into the till, for automated stocktaking I suppose. So, they can't add up in their heads any more. NOT better for the customer, if he wants to drink fast. And often.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 08:43 am
I'm an electrician in a steel plant. I've lost count of the number of times I was called by an operator to an inoperable machine to find out that they forgot to turn it on!
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:14 am
I think my boobs are quite competent. :wink:
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:17 am
kirsten wrote:
I think my boobs are quite competent. :wink:

Show me. I must have proof! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 09:24 am
Laughing Twisted Evil Sorry, no pics...How about a "chestimonial" ?
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2004 11:28 am
titter, titter Smile
0 Replies

Mhatte-Rhaye

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 06:45 pm
Simply, all I have to say is that these incompetent boobs are quite content with their lives. My friend once explained to me that he couldn't take pleasure in everything anymore. After asking why, he simply stated, "I've been enlightened."

Many of these incompetent boobs are friends of mine. Although it pains me while I strain to have conversations with them, they are pleasurable people to be around. It seems to be that the non-incompetent boobs (such as you) that have to go to websites (such as Able2Know) in order to get some form of relief are worse off than the idiots.

No offense man, but get a life. Whether you continue to be incompetent or not I could care less.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 18 Jan, 2004 11:51 pm
Mhatte-Rhaye wrote:
Simply, all I have to say is that these incompetent boobs are quite content with their lives. My friend once explained to me that he couldn't take pleasure in everything anymore. After asking why, he simply stated, "I've been enlightened."

Many of these incompetent boobs are friends of mine. Although it pains me while I strain to have conversations with them, they are pleasurable people to be around. It seems to be that the non-incompetent boobs (such as you) that have to go to websites (such as Able2Know) in order to get some form of relief are worse off than the idiots.

No offense man, but get a life. Whether you continue to be incompetent or not I could care less.

Of course they're content. They don't take any responsibility. They go through life with their brains switched off, and the rest of us have to clean up their constant messes.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why are there so many incompetent boobs?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 12:50:49