Dungeons and Dragons (RPing)

Seed

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 07:49 am
Anyone still do this? Pen and Paper style with miniatures and the likes?

I have been doing this almost every sunday now for about the past 2 years with a group of friends. Rolling the dice, seeing where adventure lays.

Not only playing D&D (Pathfinder Edition) but White Wolf, and a few other games as well.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 2,399 • Replies: 13

jespah

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 10:33 am
@Seed,
Oh man, I haven't done that in years. I was usually the only girl, and often a cowardly elf.
Seed

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 11:32 am
@jespah,
My friend Scott, whos house we play at, his Girlfriend always says she is going to play but hasn't yet. Typically no girls play in any of our games for some reason.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 11:40 am
@Seed,
somewhere there is still an old blue three ring binder covered with sharpie art. my sis prolly has it.

I was an elven cleric with mad bow skills.

girl nerds are really hard to find.

and uber valuable...
jespah

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:02 pm
@Rockhead,
This was a crowd who also did SCA stuff and went to RenFests (I did not own the costumes).
Rockhead

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:02 pm
@jespah,
I know how to make leather armor, if that's what you're asking...
Seed

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:08 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

somewhere there is still an old blue three ring binder covered with sharpie art. my sis prolly has it.

I was an elven cleric with mad bow skills.

and uber valuable...

lol just cant find any in my area. My girlfriend did bake me a cake and made it look like map from D&D this week. It was awesome Smile She might not be a nerd, but she supports me being one :-D
djjd62

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:10 pm
i just finished watching a great brit detective series called Luther http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luther_(TV_series)

the last two episodes dealt with sociopathic identical twins who'd started playing a real life homicidal RPG, pretty interesting story

Season 2, Episode 3
Luther leaves Jenny in his flat to investigate an incident at a service station where a man with a baseball bat killed one motorist,maimed another and destroyed their cars. From CCTV footage it appears that he was rolling dice to select victims. The same man later enters an office disguised as a motor-cycle courier and kills five more people before Luther arrests him though in custody he refuses to speak. As Luther returns home to find that Jenny has killed Toby Kent after his attempted rape of her, the dice man's exact double prepares another outrage.

Season 2, Episode 4
Luther and Jenny dispose of Kent's body and give Baba cause to believe that he was actually killed by her other henchman Frank. To ensure that there will be no reprisals he threatens her with the ultimate weapon of revenge - Alice. Meanwhile the second dice man murders four people on the subway and Luther deduces that the two killers are twins, competing to see who can claim the most victims. With this in mind he plays on the vanity of his prisoner, Robert Millberry, to help him net his brother Nick, leading Luther into a showdown with Nick Milberry.

0 Replies

jespah

@Rockhead,
Do I wanna know this much about your private life?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

@Seed,

http://static.tvfanatic.com/images/gallery/amy-farrah-fowler-picture_168x226.jpg <-- my 2nd favorite girl nerd...
jespah

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:11 pm
@Region Philbis,
It's the glasses and the long, vaguely blonde hair, right?
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:19 pm
@Region Philbis,
and your number 1 favorite?
Region Philbis

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:20 pm
@Seed,

http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/351e00ec07d4437a1dd7bf2beacf328f?r=R&d=identicon&s=60 Exclamation
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 12:28 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

and uber valuable...

damn straight!
0 Replies