Magnesium/epsom salts

chai2

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 03:01 pm
I had started a thread awhile back asking what epson salts are supposed to do. Well, I've found out for one thing, it really helps you get some sleep! I'm not an insomniac by any means, but prior to last night, I think I slept maybe a total of 3 or 4 hours over 3 days. I felt punch drunk, and was walking around slightly nauseated because I was so tired. Don't know why I couldn't sleep, I'd be falling apart during the day, then wake up come evening. Well, wake up is a relative term. I felt the same thing happening last night around 8:30, that "ok body wake up, you're not gonna sleep" I found this spray bottle of magnesium oil I'd bought, but didn't use much because it makes your skin itchy for awhile. I gave my arms 5 or 6 squirts per the directions, then rub it in. You're supposed to leave it on, there, the itching I remember stops after maybe 15 minutes. However, being mentally drained I couldn't put up with the itching, and rinsed my arms after about 10 minutes. Well, it must have been enough to help, because I got about 5 or 6 hours last night, and feel worlds better. I'd originally bought the magnesium oil because I'd heard that practically everyone is walking around with a magnesium deficiency. But, taking magnesium orally has unpleasant side effects (don't stray too far from the bathroom) Appyling it topically eliminates that problem. Last winter I remember soaking my feet in some warm water and epson salts and all of a sudden felt like my whole body felt like a wet noodle. In answer to my original threads as to what epson salts do....well they are a great source of magnesium. That night I practically crawled to bed, and zonked out solid for 9 hours. I'm not saying it will have the same immediate effect as me. I tend to have faster and stronger reactions to everything I take. But if you're having trouble sleeping, go get yourself some epson salts!

Scientific studies demonstrate that stress drains the body of magnesium while increasing the adrenaline levels in the body. Epsom salt is thus used to restore the level of magnesium in the body which also helps in producing serotonin. Serotonin is a chemical within the brain that elevates the mood and gives a sense of calmness and relaxation. Also boosted is the production of ATP’s which is energy made in the cells. Thus Epsom salts benefit the body by giving a feeling of calmness and energy and improve sleep and concentration and lower the blood pressure.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 1,044 • Replies: 11
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 03:21 pm
@chai2,
Interesting, I'm listening. This has so far not been a long time problem for me, though I did have episodes when I was stressed out of my tree, usually for good reasons. I've friends with long term sleep problems, so am paying attention.

Anyway, I'm interested in how controlled data will work out on all this.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 03:44 pm
@chai2,
Awright, I'll try soaking my feet in epsom salts again. Last time I just thought something good was supposed to happen to my feet.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 08:22 pm
I take magnesium along with my other supplements, at breakfast.
JLNobody

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 09:49 pm
@edgarblythe,
I take magnesium and vitamin D3 with my calcium. I heard they worked together.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 09:50 pm
@edgarblythe,
I take magnesium and vitamin D3 with my calcium. I heard they worked together. Oh, and I take that calcium with my omeprazol; the latter is likely to limit my absorption of calcium if taken long enough. Any knowledgeable comments?
firefly

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 12:33 am
@chai2,
Epsom salt is also great for rose bushes--you just mix some into the soil around the base of the bush in the spring.

That's really all I've ever used it for.

But, now I might try giving myself a foot bath with it, just to see what happens.

roger

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 01:46 am
@firefly,
Let us know. I almost forgot the topic.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 04:20 am
@JLNobody,
Is omeprazol prescription medicine?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 04:26 am
Empyting the liver bile ducts is the most powerful procedure that you can do to improve your body's health. But it should not be done before the parasite program, and for best results should follow the kidney cleanse.

For the liver flush you only need a bottle of ornithine and epsom salts.. However, Dr. Clark advises that it is necessary to accomplish the parasite cleanse BEFORE the liver flush, and if possible the kidney cleanse also for best detoxification.

Here is a use of epsom salts. I have done the liver cleanse three times. It is best done over a weekend, as it takes time.
chai2

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 05:58 am
@edgarblythe,
Yeah, I'll bet you have to do it over a weekend.

When you take the magnesium orally it isn't giving you loose bowels?

I don't mean at the purge level you spoke of, but the daily dose you take.

0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2011 03:25 am
Am I the only person in the world who writes Epsom with a capital E? Maybe it's because I was born near there (the place where the salt first came from).
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Magnesium/epsom salts
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 12:58:53