• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 2,169 • Replies: 5
No top replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 01:23 pm
@edgarblythe,
I can't believe the idiots let it go. How dumb can you get (unless they don't want anyone to investigate it).

It's an unusual looking animal, and I suppose it might be an as-yet undiscovered type of animal. It looks like a hairless fox of some type. It also seems very tame for a wild animal. Maybe it's just a hairless dog?

They need to capture it again and let one of the local vets have a closer look. We need to see its feet and its teeth and a few other detailed structures to ID it properly.

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 02:10 pm
@rosborne979,
I agree. A picture is a lot harder to analyse than an actual specimen.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 03:35 pm
It's a friggin' mexican hairless. official name of the breed is xoloitzcuintli.

The breeds appearance varies. The common denominator is that being hairless is it's dominant gene. 1 out of 4 is born with hair.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images9/XoloitzcuintliCaminosFridaKahlo1.jpg

http://www.petbandits.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/MexicaanseHairless.jpg
rosborne979

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 06:59 pm
@chai2,
It's facial proportions aren't quite right for a normal dog. Also it's tail is exceptionally long.

I think it's a red fox which has lost all its hair. Foxes tails are long like that and they carry them down like that one did. Also the snout and ears are proportionally more like a fox.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 18 Aug, 2011 07:09 pm
@chai2,
Sorry, but to my eyes that's definitely not a dog. It seems more fox like or even kangaroo/marsupial like.

It does not surprise me at all that science hasd not discovered and catalogued all the animals under and not under our noses. We know next-to-nothing about a lot of animals..sometimes including humans.
0 Replies