What's your favorite book and author?

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:08 pm
I love the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. And
The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. And
The Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. And
Anything by Sarah Dessen but I just finished Someone Like You! (loved it!). And
The Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. And
The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling

I read alot and I couldn't pick just one so these are my favorites for this week!

What's yours?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 2,326 • Replies: 13
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:35 pm
@GracieGirl,
there are books i read every few years, Alice in Wonderland & Alice's Adventures Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll, The Martian Chronicles by Ray Bradbury, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy (all 5 books) by Douglas Adams and the complete 75 issue run of Neil Gaiman's comic book series The Sandman
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 06:48 pm
@GracieGirl,
I re-read Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle at least once every five or six years or so. William Golding's Lord of the Flies somewhat less frquently (even though it's actually a better book than Vonnegut's).
djjd62

Reply Thu 4 Aug, 2011 07:06 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
i never got into Vonnegut, don't know why, i do however have a soft spot for Lord of the Flies
ugabugsie2030

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 06:05 am
@GracieGirl,
harry potter by jk Rowling
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Aug, 2011 01:40 pm
@djjd62,
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 09:26 am
@GracieGirl,
For fiction books it would have to be James Patterson. I would be hard pressed to decide which of his books I would call my favorite. I see you like the Maximum Ride? I read a few of them but they are more fantasy than I really care for. My favorite series would be the Alex Cross ones. The Women's Murder Club would be my second favorite series of his.
Questioner

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 09:29 am
@GracieGirl,
Just finished up Haldeman's The Forever War
Favorite though. . . . . I'd have to go with The Fionavar Tapestry series by Guy Gavriel Kay.
Roberta

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2011 10:42 am
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Light in August by William Faulkner

When I was younger, it was A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.
guerciofernando

Reply Sat 27 Aug, 2011 12:44 am
@GracieGirl,
My favorite author is Milton and my favorite book is "paradise lost" and "paradise regained".
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 09:04 pm
@Arella Mae,
YAY!! Another vote for James Patterson! I LOVE the Maximum Ride series! Max is soo awesome!! I've read all of the Maximum Ride books tons of times! There's gonna be a movie! That's what I heard. But anyway, my favorite character is Angel because she's the smallest but she has the most and coolest powers! Ive never read the Alex Cross and The Women's Murder Club. What are those like?
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 09:05 pm
@Questioner,
Cool. Ive never heard of those though. Their for adults huh?
0 Replies

GracieGirl

Reply Sun 28 Aug, 2011 09:09 pm
@Roberta,
I read To Kill A Mockingbird in 6th grade in school! It was really really really good. That's an awesome book. One of my favorites too. Right now Im reading Th1rteen R3asons Why by Jay Asher. Its amazing. Its about this girl who kills herself.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 29 Aug, 2011 03:57 am
@GracieGirl,
If you liked To Kill A Mockingbird, you might like Intruder In The Dust, by William Faulkner. It covers the same sort of ground. I prefer Faulkner overall.
0 Replies