Matthew Reilly

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 12:06 am
What do you think of Matthew Reilly's books?

I own copies of Contest, Ice Station, Temple and Area 7. I'm just waiting for Scarecrow to come out in paperback before buying that too.

His style of writing tends to hold me in the book long after I should have put it down and done something else, like go to bed, or work! The only thing is that I read them so fast that I have to wait ages for the next one!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 683 • Replies: 4
No top replies

the prince

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 02:26 am
I like Matthew Reilly - though his books are highly improbable, like a cheesy hollywood movie - they are fast paced, impossible to put down, full of surprises, a welcome release and a roller coaster ride. Have read all - but my favorite has to be the TEMPLE. Waiting for his next book eagerly as well !!
0 Replies

e n d e r

Reply Tue 13 Jan, 2004 02:02 pm
Hi Gautam. Temple was very good but in my opinion not his best. Although the double storyline was a great touch, I think they were paced too differently and I found it a touch disjointed. My favourite is probably Ice Station. Being English, I love the way he portrayed the SAS as being the worlds elite, and complete b**tards (even if they did get beaten by the USMC Rolling Eyes ). Is Scarecrow as good as the rest?
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 06:43 am
Am waiting for screcrow to comeout in paper back as well - not sure if I wanna spend 12 odd quid on a hardback for Matthew Smile

Btw, I am a pseudo English as well Laughing
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Wed 14 Jan, 2004 07:22 am
Gautam wrote:
I like Matthew Reilly - though his books are highly improbable, like a cheesy hollywood movie - they are fast paced, impossible to put down, full of surprises, a welcome release and a roller coaster ride. Have read all - but my favorite has to be the TEMPLE. Waiting for his next book eagerly as well !!

I can read them, but they can get a little far-fetched.
0 Replies