Can Religions Divide People?

RexRed

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 12:24 am
It seems to me that people are just people.
That we are all one big earthly family of diversity.
So what divides people?
What does it really matter what faith or what religion because we are all humans first.
So somehow where we first were humans we are somehow divided. Something has come between the idea that we are all one united world and changed it to one of eccentricity.
What is it that divides us that is greater than what unites us?

I think there is an innate or nature within,
External logic tells the mind that we are divided.
Against the nature that we are united. All people are united.
I cannot be divided
It is an inner struggle decision
Superstition.

Even within the human unity there is struggle too.
Anyway, the balance is, that we are all still one unity.

Unity of all

It seems so simple to rise above the ideas that divide?
To get in touch with the nature of all of the earth's omni purposes.

Does or can religion divide us? Do we all allow thought to enter into our minds take seed and convince us that we are different?

What justifies prejudice?

Well a religious faith could help hide or even justify a prejudice.

I am just pointing out and focusing in on how I see things. I tend to take a scientific approach. That yes we are all united. Clearly united. We all share DNA. I would think that in itself would simple end the entire debate.

We are all made of the same DNA. The same four amino acids. This shows that we all have the same unity.

People may argue.

Big silence.

Every seed has its own seed but we were all sewn from the same earth.

We all have the same oneness to our earth.

I am just saying that there are conflicting ideas and I am not sure how that this idea that we are all one family becomes changed into an idea that we are divide by religions and racial lines.

I guess there is a universalist idea that we are connected and this is changed into fears of mistrust and bigotry based upon some high minded divisive theosophy that climbs up into the lofts of the human psyche and rings a bell.

One lives their lives trying to unring it.

People join religion for many reasons. But religion comes with its baggage.

People follow willing into religion and are led by its laws.

The fact that there have been so many many millions of vastly differing religions of the past merely provides even more reason to suspect the religions of today.

Am I calling all religions racist? No, but what if 90% or more of them are?

Isn't the very definition of a religious person, someone who has been changed by the religion to reflect another "idea". How do people interpret this 'change' as supposing to mean? Were they changed from a human being into a saint by magic? Suddenly instant status change.

Hope you give an opinion.

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,190 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 25 Jul, 2011 12:29 am
@RexRed,
Well I think initially religion was meant as a way to unite people but with it's dogma it tends to cause division and a method of separating people. Religion is one thing but when the blindly followed dogma goes unexamined that is where all the problems begin.

Religion doesn't work and it is obsolete, it should be abandoned.
0 Replies