Location of Atlantis

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 05:16 am
Can you tell us something about location of Atlantis?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 881 • Replies: 19
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 05:46 am
@katetusova,
The Capitol of Atlantis is ATlantis City.
Its on the boardwalk.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 05:47 am
@katetusova,
Whomever knows the location of Atlantis, if it does exist, is sitting on indeterminate riches.
jespah

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 06:43 am
@tsarstepan,
Actually, it's in space right now, but the shuttle program is coming to an end.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:49 am
Green Witch

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:27 am
@katetusova,
I thought this an excellent explanation:

//www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/features/sinking-atlantis/the-fall-of-the-minoans/61/

Either that... or fly to Camelot, go southwest to Middle Earth and stay on the yellow brick road for about 1000 miles until you reach the shore. Hire a boat called The Flying Dutchman to take you to the center of the ocean and then dive down in the submarine called Nautilus until you hit the bottom where you will find Atlantis. There is another route via Shangri-La, but I hear it's infested with pirates.
Sturgis

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:51 am
@katetusova,
It's nowhere near as exciting as Lemuria. Now Lemuria was a continent and had a civilization that you would really have enjoyed!

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 11:51 am
@Green Witch,
Green Witch wrote:
Either that... or fly to Camelot, go southwest to Middle Earth and stay on the yellow brick road for about 1000 miles until you reach the shore. Hire a boat called The Flying Dutchman to take you to the center of the ocean and then dive down in the submarine called Nautilus until you hit the bottom where you will find Atlantis. There is another route via Shangri-La, but I hear it's infested with pirates.

That was pretty damned hilarious.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 11:58 am
@Green Witch,
That was an interesting link, but their math sucks, and it makes me wonder what else they fudged or just plain got wrong. Thera erupted in 1600 BCE. That's 3600 years ago, not five thousand--they weren't even close with that. What else in that article is a sloppy journalistic review of what archaeologists actually have discoverd, and what conclusions they've come to?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 01:17 pm
@Setanta,
Well, that was fun to watch..
Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 01:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, i always liked that old pederast Donovan . . .
Linkat

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:22 pm
@katetusova,
Paradise Island, Bahamas.

http://www.atlantis.com/content/mediaplayer/mediaPage/atlantis/imgs/photogallery/1.jpg
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:43 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Yeah, i always liked that old pederast Donovan . . .

Donavan had short eyes?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:48 pm
@Setanta,
I missed that bit of info, if so (I've no idea). Busy at the time. I remember people not liking him, but not anything about why. I'm a melting babe at the sound of some irish or scottish voices, though by no means all or even most. I remember getting annoyed (you know me) re some celtic program on KCRW. And it can be a useless melting, should I ever do that, for some damned fool (smiles).

That's part of why I got freaky about eurocelticyankee leaving. He never answered who was the singer in the Silver Threads video he posted. He did, but he was answering about the wrong video. He was no doubt correct, but I liked the singer in the other video.
Part of my love of my husband was for his voice - he wasn't from Ireland himself but was tuned to the history, and more important then, or coinciding, the poetry and other writing.

Anyway, I liked Donovan's voice, not in a melting way, but generally.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:54 pm
he was not...setanta's just being mean.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:57 pm
@chai2,
Ah, good then. All's well.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 03:51 pm
@chai2,
He sure was . . . he had a thing for 14 year old girls, in fact--at any event, so he said, and that's pederasty.

From the Wikipedia bio:

Quote:
On 24 October 1966, Epic released the single "Mellow Yellow", arranged by John Paul Jones and purportedly featuring Paul McCartney on uncredited backing vocals. In his autobiography Donovan explained that the phrase "electrical banana" was a reference to a yellow-coloured vibrator. Another line that caused speculation is "I'm just mad about Fourteen; she's just mad about me", and in the version heard on the 1968 In Concert album, he makes this clearer, singing "I'm just mad about fourteen-year-old girls; they're just mad about me." The song became Donovan's signature tune and was another big chart hit; it reached #2 in Billboard, #3 in Cash Box and earned a gold record award for sales of more than one million in the US.

Chai is the mean one . . . she's just sayin' i'm mean to distract attention . . .
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 09:35 pm
@katetusova,
It's a fictional place described by Homer.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 09:40 pm
@Setanta,
ah ha, even I remember that, now that you explain. Of course he could have meant, in memory. (not googleing)

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 04:13 am
Uh-huh . . . it it were "in memory," why did he use the present tense?
0 Replies