When is an appropriate time to post an online appeal to someone?

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 09:08 am
@Fido,
You are NOT HELPING.
jcboy

Reply Mon 27 Jun, 2011 06:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
Can you answer one question honestly? Just how old are you?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 05:27 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

You are NOT HELPING.
I am certain I do not make everyone happy, and do not think of that as a worthy goal... I can usually stay on a forum... So; maybe it is time to put away your ideology and start thinking rationally and quit preaching at people... Even when I believe I am right, and think I am right, I know the truth is too large for any one person to grasp... Truth is life... Meaning is life... Even for all you people who believe this life is **** to be traded for some eternal life beyond death still think that life, the essential life, the soul, anima, is all meaning and truth...I expect we all have our version of truth in our lives, and that the image of what life is, is built up from many images much like the blind men and the elephant... We do not tell the truth, but share the truth, and the presumption that you have it and no one else does, will make you unwelcome almost anywhere...
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 11:46 am
@Fido,
I wasn't on that forum preaching to people. I mentioned God and the Bible a few times, but I stopped. I don't believe in compromising my beliefs with people.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 11:50 am
@Fido,
THE TRUTH I AM TALKING ABOUT IS THE TRUTH OF THE WORD OF GOD. I DO NOT CARE WHAT SOME SECULAR PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT SOMETHING. IF I KNOW SOMETHNG ISN'T RIGHT I AM NOT GOING TO ACT LIKE IT IS. GOD IS THE FINAL AUTHORITY ON EVERYTHING.
Fido

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 01:26 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

THE TRUTH I AM TALKING ABOUT IS THE TRUTH OF THE WORD OF GOD. I DO NOT CARE WHAT SOME SECULAR PEOPLE HAVE TO SAY ABOUT SOMETHING. IF I KNOW SOMETHNG ISN'T RIGHT I AM NOT GOING TO ACT LIKE IT IS. GOD IS THE FINAL AUTHORITY ON EVERYTHING.
If you are only talking and not listening then you are not communicating anything at all...
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 01:31 pm
@Fido,
Check your PMs- I have some messages for you.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 01:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I wasn't on that forum preaching to people. I mentioned God and the Bible a few times, but I stopped. I don't believe in compromising my beliefs with people.
Why don't you tell the truth: That you are incapable of compromise of beliefs... What people accept with their beliefs is a certain form, a system of beliefs... No one can pull a piece out anywhere without fear it will all come crashing down.... From inside their form they cannot judge it, but on the other side, free of the form, others may judge it at will... This is why Christians and Muslims and even the Jews have been violent in defense of their religions... The cannot shine the light of reason on them for fear of the flaws that may be revealed... They shut their eyes, invoke their faith, and damn the non believers...
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 03:32 pm
@Fido,
ALL I want to know is WHAT DID I DO TO GET BOOTED OFF THEIR SITE. THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW- I WAS A PATRON OF THAT SITE, I HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW. I WAS NOT TRYING TO INCITE TROUBLE, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG.
jcboy

Reply Tue 28 Jun, 2011 03:42 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG.

Do you really need to ask that question? LOL Smile
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 29 Jun, 2011 10:59 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

ALL I want to know is WHAT DID I DO TO GET BOOTED OFF THEIR SITE. THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW- I WAS A PATRON OF THAT SITE, I HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW. I WAS NOT TRYING TO INCITE TROUBLE, I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG.
When Jesus attacked the money changers on the temple steps he did not then ask all those high and mighty what he did to piss them off... They were all getting a cut, and he messed with the management... If you go to a site dedicated to reason and reasoned argument and you come up with belief and faith when that has long ago been proved of little worth, then don't expect a red carpet... We are all guests here, and this site is more liberal than most and I am certain I abuse my privilages here all too often... I don't want to... I don't wish to give offense because they are not so many Pauls, and able to turn 180 degrees on a dime... There is a reason the Christians hate the lukewarm... They want that great interplay of emotion because it is easier to turn a person from hate to love than to make him reasonable... But I ask, what is such a conversion worth??? I have seen many people changed from sinners to saints and back again is weeks or months... I would agree that the best way, and perhaps the only way to change the way a person thinks is to change how they feel, but the reason must be there at some point if you would effect a permanent change... All change is an attempt at problem solving... If some one feels they have no problem there will be no change... Telling them you are good, and they are bad will be like filling the ocean with pebbles... You would run out of earth to throw in before you would run out of water....
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 03:13 pm
@JGoldman10,
According to Amy Vanderbilt and Emily Post, the appropriate length of time is 30 days after the offender has died. (I suppose it's this proper etiquette which helps keep funeral attendance from getting out of hand).
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 2 Jul, 2011 05:49 pm
I WANT TO APPEAL TO THAT SITE AND AT LEAST EXPLAIN MYSELF. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I DID THAT WAS WRONG OR OFFENSIVE TO THEM.
Fido

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 11:07 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I WANT TO APPEAL TO THAT SITE AND AT LEAST EXPLAIN MYSELF. I WANT TO KNOW WHAT I DID THAT WAS WRONG OR OFFENSIVE TO THEM.
You offend me... Do you want to know why??? I'll bet you really don't care, and only want to keep on doin it...
JGoldman10

Reply Sun 3 Jul, 2011 09:19 pm
@Fido,
I would like to know WHY they booted me off WITHOUT TELLING ME WHY, but NOT FROM YOU.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 4 Jul, 2011 12:24 am
I was on that forum asking people and trying to hold discussions about heir culture- how is that causing trouble? How is that trolling?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 11:19:07