Customers who bought this also ordered.....

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 03:02 pm
@boomerang,
There are some readers that can make a bad book good by the way they read. There are quite a few excellent narrators and then there some that I can't bear to listen to. Richard Ferrone is my favorite when it comes to John Grisham's books. For some reason, I don't care much for the women readers.

I think narrating for audiobooks is becoming quite the thing so hopefully the "bad narrators" will be few and far between. Jay O. Sanders is probably my very favorite narrator. He brings every character in the book totally alive with a different voice to fit the personalities. I would love to listen to some of Lisa Scottoline's books because I like her writing but I cannot stand to listen to Barbara Rosenblat read. You hear every single breath that woman takes.

Strangles? LOL! What a name. I'm glad it's working out. Still think you are mighty brave to have a snake in your house.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 24 Jun, 2011 04:54 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

At Amazon I've just typed in the name of a book that I liked and seen what else comes up. More often than not I'm not getting the connection. It's almost like I'd read a different book.

I wonder if the books it brings up for me are based on some average between me and Mo since I use the same account to order for both of us. Maybe it thinks I'm a 30 year old with an interest in social studies and zombies.

That may well be a key!

I often find Amazon recommendations interesting and sometimes helpful.

But that's different from the "people who bought this" function....which I also often pursue for fun.

The Amazon recommendations can be affected by you if you go to fix this recommendation. You'll find out why they recommended it and you can tell them not to recommend things based on that purchase.
0 Replies