patenting an idea??? nothing real just a drawing.. really??

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 09:36 pm
ok so im screwing around on the internet today feeling a bit inventive so thought i would check out some patents and found people who made a drawing just a drawing of something and patented it. no technical drawing just a picture of something, seemed like anything and they put a patent on itwhat is up with people being able to put a patent on just a idea alone (a drawing-sketch) and not having to do anything else. not having to show anything real. its ludacris. i saw a patent on a car with wings looked like some kid drew it in in grade school and it was patented. ... when did the us patent office start excepting just a drawing as an invention? couch potato inventors i guess yopu can call them. dont get me wrong inventing things is awesome its all part of evolving. but i think it should have to be real not just a figment of somebodies imagination.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,679 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 14 Jun, 2011 07:15 am
@mrmorgan,
Those may very well not be patents at all, but just applications for patents. Getting a patent is neither cheap nor fast, so just sending in a drawing on a lark is probably not going to be in most people's budgets.
0 Replies