Gate openers revisited

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 02:35 pm
L to E, Victorville DP:

They just won’t listen to us innovators and other persistent critics who keep writin' Letters like this'n.

Recently I made reference to "survival systems interdependence” or lack thereof, admittedly overly complicated way of saying, “This bunch doesn’t talk to that ’n,” as an example citing instances where the power folk don’t communicate with the ’phone and water-heater people….The gate-opener folk who just don’t wanna listen to the inventor and lazy clod who pleads, “Pushbuttons? Why not just honk a coupl’a times? Then why hafta get out’a my car still again to close the thing?"

Though not a “survival" issue, when a copy of Time last year (snitched from the Doctor’s office) describes "Best Inventions 2016,” noting some of them as positively silly (being a putterer myself), I thought, “How about some cooperation between eyeglass makers and printers?” With so many captions in 2-point type—in white—against a dim background of faint color: how do you fellas expect anyone, much like an 86-year-old like me, to be capable of reading it without carrying 'round a handy mag'?

Even in Time itself, but for the past 20 years I’ve noted this deficiency in all the dozen or so Sunday fliers of our excellent Victorville Daily Press. InventiveLetters [Sp] Guys, where are ye all? Am I alone? Software progs esp.: Can’t you recognize ‘isd” as a misspelling of “is” ? Can’t you see how close ‘d’ and ’s’ ? And who the hell progged, “Automatically correct both spelling and grammar” ? Hit it once, and….

Mag' makers could talk to the printers too: Let’s tint a special mag' itself in contrast to the ad tints, makin’ ‘em look white on black? A six-year-old might have suggested this, much less an 86-year-old like me. Swanson vitamins: Over the years everyday a new Email, why not also give no. of tabs in the jar ?? so we can make price comps.

And oh, incidentally, you “Engineers” make everything too complicated for us “Innovators,” For instance with the Chicago Electric drillmotor, I’d push the lever to turn it on, but then remember you first hafta shove down the flap; and so I mamage to get it going; but to turn it off fiddling with no avail with the lever and flap , I remember I now need to push that yellow button at the bottom. So why not also have a screw you need to turn?

To Post-It:Grabbing one to check an Email add., I hafta pull it off the wall and hold up to the light then it close to my specs ! So why don’t you sell a special pak labeled with big letters: No dark ones

To Our Doctor: Promise, I’ll bring it back at our next visit 3 months hence.

Dale Hileman
Apple Valley
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,925 • Replies: 13
No top replies

centrox

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 02:50 pm
You mostly seem to be moaning about things that only you find vexing.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:24 pm
@centrox,
Cen in fact I had asked myself that. Clearly you're a fella who resents postings in which you have no interest and that's entirely understandable. The TAATANE also of course

...Vexed by everything (TVAATANE)
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:36 pm
Fool.
dalehileman

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:39 pm
@centrox,
Wha Cen who me
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:42 pm
Yes you. Imbecile. Drooling retard. Timewasting troll.

dalehileman

Reply Thu 2 Mar, 2017 04:43 pm
@centrox,
Alas, alack

Quote:
Timewasting troll

But whose time
Keep tellin' ya you don't hafta read my postings, won't be the least offended....
centrox

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 02:58 pm
@dalehileman,
dalehileman wrote:
Keep tellin' ya you don't hafta read my postings, won't be the least offended....

That's like a bar-room bore who keeps invading other people's conversations and spouting silly nonsense, and when it's quiz night, putting up his hand to all the questions and saying "I don't know the answer but I felt like saying something anyway", and when anyone calls him on it, acts all hurt and says 'you don't have to listen to me'. But Dale, you make us. Why should we have to make the effort? Why don't you just stop it? You are making the noise. Why should we have to purchase ear plugs?

dalehileman

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 03:04 pm
@centrox,
Quote:
But Dale, you make us
No I don't
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 03:07 pm
The thing about Dale is, he is not that dumb, given his missives to whatever news source he addresses. He can actually write english. He is a player.

I think he is the opposite of your and my various takes.

I'll crown him kingpin of passive aggressives.

I'll stop the feed.
dalehileman

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 03:11 pm
@ossobucotemp,
Why, thanks Osso
0 Replies

ossobucotemp

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 03:17 pm
Jesus, what if Dale is Gus?
dalehileman

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 03:20 pm
@ossobucotemp,
But Osso Gus Who

...or is it 'whom'
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Fri 3 Mar, 2017 05:29 pm
@ossobucotemp,
ossobucotemp wrote:
I'll crown him kingpin of passive aggressives.

Yes. Absolutely. And, therefore, to me at least, deeply repulsive.
0 Replies