Who will be using Amazon's music locker or Apple's iCloud?

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 06:44 pm
With Amazon's online music locker, already making a splash with Amazon's MP3 store's recent 99ยข sale of the latest Lady Gaga album, are you ready to jumping on the digital cloud computing bandwagon?

I'm using Amazon's Cloud Player for at least the latest of my recent music purchases. It's good if you have access to the internet. For me? The most reliable place for this is at home. It took less then an hour for my workplace's computer admins to ban the use of this online streaming source. If it was allowed then the Amazon Cloud Player would be a grand slam home run and I'd use the 20GB to upload a great bit of my music so I could listen to it at work.

They say 50GB's will cost $50 a year storage fee. Amazon's storage will allow users to upload photographs, videos, documents, and music files though reviews already suggest that the music player is the best and only feature people should bother using from Amazon's choice of cloud storage. Don't waste your time with the other file storage systems.

AS for now, I'm still personally betatesting the idea. Now that I know that the free 20GB limit end after a year before I have to pay for the service, I'm now getting second thoughts. If they kept it free? I would preach this service loudly and often. I already love the Amazon MP3 store. It's much better then iTunes. Cheaper plus higher MP3 file quality to boot.

We have a while before Apple will open their iCloud to the public. Say Fall of this year. But I hear that Apple will have far more restrictions on what music is allowed to be uploaded onto their music locker. Only AAC formatted files (iTunes formatted music) bought at iTunes will be allowed. Maybe I'm wrong....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,623 • Replies: 1
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2011 06:58 pm
@tsarstepan,
Don't work here, so count me out as yet
0 Replies