Should you have to take a drug test to get TANF?

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 11:36 am
@NotreDame05,
NotreDame05 wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

NotreDame05 wrote:

How is it not the same?

because you don't understand the math.

I think everyone understands your political position on this. The problem is that your math/economic skills aren't up to the discussion.

It has nothing to do with matematics. Nothing. The problem is your reasoning skills are not up to the discussion as you have deluded yourself into thinking this has anything to do with mathematics. The issue is whether the source of the money makes any difference and this is not a mathetmatical issue.

I specifically contend that your reasoning skills aren't up to the discussion either.

I would also note that you seem to have quickly developed a reputation for being a real dick. Is that what you set out to do, or was your goal?

Cycloptichorn
ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 11:37 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Goal, I think, the poster being a from football powerhouse.

<just reading along here, nothing to see>
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 11:40 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Goal, I think, the poster being a from football powerhouse.

<just reading along here, nothing to see>

Powerhouse, my ass. Notre Dame has sucked for years, nobody takes them seriously as a good football school any longer. If it weren't for the fact that they have long-standing contracts with tv stations (so that Catholics across the country can see their school play) they would have faded into obscurity long ago.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 11:48 am
@ehBeth,

NotreDame05 wrote:
Oh yeah, because you are the beacon of being hospitable.
ehBeth wrote:
did Ceili invite you to her home?
He is new to the forum that we 've been using for years, Beth.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 11:50 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:
Yup, another ambulance chaser... ignorant and abusive.
Her definition of being well informed is whoever agrees with HER.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 11:54 am
@NotreDame05,
Ceili wrote:
So basically, we should ignore what you've written then. K, done.
NotreDame05 wrote:
Since it seems rather impossible for you to understand the simple point being made, then yes the prudent thing for you to do would be to ignore what I write until such time as you can actually comprehend what is being stated. If you require a foreign language to understand what is being stated, let me know, I might be able to accommodate you.
Many of the liberals in this forum (not all of them)
prefer to subordinate sound reasoning to emotion
and to blind themselves to logic that leads to a result that thay don't like.

David
ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
You're quite wrong about Ceili.
0 Replies

NotreDame05

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:00 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Ceili wrote:
NotreDame05 wrote:
Since it seems rather impossible for you to understand the simple point being made, then yes the prudent thing for you to do would be to ignore what I write until such time as you can actually comprehend what is being stated. If you require a foreign language to understand what is being stated, let me know, I might be able to accommodate you.

David

Yeah I am coming to this realization. What is more intriguing is publicly reprimanding me for some of my less than cordial replies when they were in response to rather insulting and hostile comments and attitudes in the first place from themselves.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:01 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
did you invite him?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:04 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
NotreDame05 wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

NotreDame05 wrote:

How is it not the same?

I think everyone understands your political position on this.
The problem is that your math/economic skills aren't up to the discussion.

It has nothing to do with matematics. Nothing. The problem is your reasoning skills are not up to the discussion as you have deluded yourself into thinking this has anything to do with mathematics. The issue is whether the source of the money makes any difference and this is not a mathetmatical issue.
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I specifically contend that your reasoning skills aren't up to the discussion either.

I would also note that you seem to have quickly developed a reputation for being a real dick.
Is that what you set out to do, or was your goal?

Cycloptichorn
ND05, please note that Cy 's definition of "a real dick" (as distinct from a false one)
is anyone who either supports the Original understanding of fundamental Constitutional philosophy,
or anyone of whom he disapproves.

I 'd not take him too seriously.

David
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:06 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
did you invite him?
No. I think that, by implication, the owner of this site did.

David
NotreDame05

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:08 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

NotreDame05 wrote:

ehBeth wrote:

NotreDame05 wrote:

How is it not the same?

I think everyone understands your political position on this.
The problem is that your math/economic skills aren't up to the discussion.

Cycloptichorn wrote:

I would also note that you seem to have quickly developed a reputation for being a real dick.
Is that what you set out to do, or was your goal?

Cycloptichorn
ND05, please note that Cy 's definition of "a real dick" (as distinct from a false one)
is anyone who either supports the Original understanding of fundamental Constitutional philosophy,
or anyone of whom he disapproves.

I 'd not take him too seriously.

David

Yeah I perceived this very early on, which is why he is on ignore. Some people are quite simply are not worth the time and for those individuals it is just better to ignore them for awhile.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:09 pm
@NotreDame05,

Ceili wrote:
NotreDame05 wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:

David
NotreDame05 wrote:
Yeah I am coming to this realization. What is more intriguing is publicly reprimanding me for some of my less than cordial replies when they were in response to rather insulting and hostile comments and attitudes in the first place from themselves.
Thay act that way when thay fear your ability to reason.
If thay did not feel intimidated, thay 'd be more polite.

David
Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:10 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
he showed fear, dave?

please show us where...

(just following your line of reasoning...)
Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:15 pm
@NotreDame05,
welcome to a2k, Charlie Weis...
Ceili

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Well, Dave that's where you are wrong. See I could care less if you agree with me or not. I was not rude to him until he was rude to me and others. I questioned his reasoning but then, like you, he quickly proved that if we didn't agree with him I was a crackpot liberal.. Your favourite dirty word.
I invite you to reread his posts. I'm sure you'll see that your new friend is not the warmest guy on the board.

What he fails to understand stand is that government coffers don't grow on their own. If his business gets a tax break, and a thousand people get welfare, they all take from the same pot. They all have their hands in the big cookie jar. The average middle class tax must make up the shortfall. It doesn't matter in the end which way the money was given or taken, if it's not there things will not be paid for, the government then runs at a deficit.
Again, give me a good reason the team should get a subsidy. If they can't run the team without it, who is it helping?
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:46 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

he showed fear, dave?

please show us where...

I said "showed" fear, Rocky?
Please show us where...

David
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:49 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Laughing

I can assure you that nobody here fears your powers of reasoning, David. Or those of our new guest.

Re-packaging years of right-wing claptrap in fancy arguments doesn't make it one whit more valid of a position to take.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:50 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
dave, if you start following me, you will look really silly before we get done...

is your new friend into e-phonics as well?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 28 Oct, 2011 12:54 pm
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

What he fails to understand stand is that government coffers don't grow on their own. If his business gets a tax break, and a thousand people get welfare, they all take from the same pot. They all have their hands in the big cookie jar. The average middle class tax must make up the shortfall. It doesn't matter in the end which way the money was given or taken, if it's not there things will not be paid for, the government then runs at a deficit.

This is exactly correct. However, actual economic effects of actions are secondary in the mind of Conservatives to their own sense of moral indignation over the idea that they might not be considered superior to someone who receives welfare.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.8 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 07:05:26