UPS Question

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:33 am
When did UPS start turning their packages over to the Post Office for delivery? Does any one know?
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/6418/upsp.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,550 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 07:55 am
@Victor Murphy,
it doesn't.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 08:19 am
Can you UPS ship something to a post office box? I can see such a transfer happening in that case. UPS delivers to USPS who then assigns it to a PO Box owner.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 08:20 am
@Victor Murphy,
Not sure, but I found this on the 'net, dated February 2011:

Quote:
UPS Failure to Deliver Package
I ordered an item from a well-known catalog company thru the internet. The shipper mailed the package thru UPS and the package actually was scanned at Belton, Texas when it arrived on Feb. 8. We live 45 min. from Belton. I assumed the package would be delivered on Feb. 9. I had already accepted the fact that no doubt UPS would first deliver the package to the local post office (I understand they have a contract with the U.S. Postal Service where they can deliver packages to the post office and then the post office delivers the following day, which causes an untimely delay in shipments). My package was shipped out on Feb. 3 and was to be delivered in 3-5 days. I checked later in the day on Feb. 8 and UPS had erased the arrival scan in Belton and now had noted the package had gone to Mesquite, and then on to Dallas (we are three hours south of Dallas). Anyway, the lady I talked to tried to tell me there was no record of the package ever arriving in Belton and said the delay was because of bad weather.....the bad weather did not hit Texas until late night on Feb. 9th, one day after the package arrived in Belton. I informed her that I had a print-out of the package activity. She disputed the fact that the package had arrived in Belton. I have tracked that package many times, called UPS and held for many min. each time waiting for a person to get on the phone and have gotten nowhere. UPS is not the shipper it used to be. They are totally unreliable, always dropping packages off at the local post office even on days they drive right by my house.

http://www.complaintnow.com/UPS/complaint/complaints/thread/print/11107/155875
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 12:00 pm
@JPB,
They do that. That is, some shippers arrange for it to work that way, while others swear it is impossible.

I know this because I have an address that both UPS and USPS seem to have trouble with. Unless the item is only available from one vendor, I generally decline to order from anyone who doesn't accept PO Box addresses.
roger

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 12:03 pm
@roger,
I should add that I've never seen a time when UPS would deliver to the post office without specific instructions from the shipper.

LL Bean used to routinely ship to post office boxes usingFedEx. The service was so bad, they discontinued it, and shipped direct to the po box.
0 Replies