What prompts us to Create a thread?

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 12:18 pm
I've been roaming through the forums and looking at the diversity. Some are oft repeated; some come back to life after lying dormant; some are totally original.

What inspires you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,728 • Replies: 46
No top replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 12:22 pm
I like to think I'm helping people live lives with less suffering. I'm interested in history and how trends develop. Though it must seem like a talk alot, actually I read far more than I write.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 12:30 pm
arrogance on my part
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 12:31 pm
Asherman, I have done that today, and then a sudden urge makes me want to know stuff about the people on this forum. I like it when folks step out of character. Since you are a painter, I would be rewarding to see you contribute to the original writing forum. Bet you could paint a picture with words.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 12:34 pm
dys, I find that difficult to accept. You may feign arrogance, but I see a different person who is looking for a parrot.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 01:01 pm
Look back through the threads on the Original Writing Forum and you will find a large number of my short stories. Try'em, I think you'll like some of them. Over the past week, or so, I've been contributing more here. That's because I'm spending less time in the studio. That must stop. I have a painting that needs to be completed in the next couple of weeks, and that just isn't geting done while I blather along here.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 01:02 pm
I either start threads looking for answers to a problem I'm having at the time, to get peoples opinions on things, or just plain fun threads. I am more one to become involved in other peoples threads than I am to start my own.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 01:06 pm
ALL of AsHermans's blaTHering is a resulT of HaVing o lisTen to ME RANt ALOUD IN hIS lIvING rOOM. mEA cULPA...
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 01:18 pm
Hey, Montana. Yes, ma'am. I've noticed that, and fun threads are designed to take our minds off the serious stuff. Cool

Asherman, I'll take a peek at your short stories. The only problem that I have with responding to long threads, is that I'm find them difficult to read on a forum, and that's mea culpa.

Dys, I noticed those arms gesticulating as you blathered. Heh heh! Well, I talk with my hands, also, and with my body when I'm listening to music.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 01:38 pm
Creating a thread can be fun and also gives us insight into the people who are posting. Whether the thread is serious or fun, everyone seems to have a variety of opinions.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 01:42 pm
Lather was thirty years old today,
They took away all of his toys.
His mother sent newspaper clippings to him,
About his old friends who'd stopped being boys.
There was Harwitz E. Green, just turned thirty-three,
His leather chair waits at the bank.
And Seargent Dow Jones, twenty-seven years old,
Commanding his very own tank.
But Lather still finds it a nice thing to do,
To lie about nude in the sand,
Drawing pictures of mountains that look like bumps,
And thrashing the air with his hands.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 01:43 pm
colorbook, absolutely; however, what prompts you to create? Do you think it through or just act on impulse? or, like Montana see help or advice?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 01:55 pm
hmmm, dys. You can bet your wee ass there's a political allusion in that creation of yours.

Pvt. Letty here with just a grunt.

When I decide just what to write,
I follow orders promptly.
I think of all the things I said,
And wish I hadn't.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 02:11 pm
I am taken by what are known to the hoi poloi as wild hairs. Therefore, i started seven threads, each on one of the "seven deadly sins." Yestereve, as i contemplated this electronic navel, there occurred to me an horrible pun--that i was "Bard to tears," with nothing to write. So i started three threads on quotations from Francis Bacon . . . er, William Snakeshit . . . er, well you know . . .
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 02:25 pm
Setanta, somewhere I read that bored really meant depressed, especially when children said it. Does anyone ever really contemplate their navel? I suppose they do as a reminder that they were once enwombed.

Well, as the behaviorists observe, one response leads to a stimulus which leads to a response, etc. Often, that's where I get my material.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 02:26 pm
Letty, for me, I think it is impulse. I see something I've read in the news and I wonder what others will think about it. Sometimes I am hesitant to post certain subjects in the event that it has been done before.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 02:32 pm
and that's exactly how I do it, colorbook. It's a knee jerk type thing. It's difficult to know what has already been covered here, but there's always a fresh look at everything.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 02:40 pm
Letty wrote:
It's difficult to know what has already been covered here, but there's always a fresh look at everything.

Well, we have the "Search"-function, could look "At a glance" and/or "New Posts", examine "New Topics" or search the threads in the "Forums".
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 02:47 pm
Walter, I realize that, but that's sorta time consuming, ya know?
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 03:05 pm
I like to see if there are any Silver Threads amongst the Golden.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » What prompts us to Create a thread?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 10:32:58