New Yahoo Mail & "Third Party Applications"

Pitter

Reply Sat 30 Apr, 2011 08:33 am
I recieved an email request from yahoo to try out their new email which will evidently become obligatory in a few months. I complied but see that some aspects like "My Photos" are now run by "third party applications". The disclaimers that pop up when you click on one seem to indicate that that third party application will have all sorts of access to your email account and yahoo in it´s help and saftey pages warns against using any of the applications that you don´t know and trust. What is going on?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,302 • Replies: 1
No top replies

royable

Reply Thu 19 May, 2011 02:21 am
@Pitter,
It's a new improved Yahoo Mail version. I am not sure how big this is going to make a difference for Yahoo. The third party apps are kinda useless. They say it's about getting things done right from your inbox but i wouldn't let a third party app access my email account even if it's safe. I think we have already had enough privacy concerns with Facebook and the likes of SN. Maybe email should stay away from SN.
0 Replies