Base infinity

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 08:43 am
People of many disciplines look to mathematics for meaning and for truths about the physical world. I think people miss the obvious in this regard.

Would mathematics not become useless if you used a base infinity system as opposed to a base-finite system such as base ten? if so does it not seem like a message from the gods? only division creates meaning or something of the sort. im no mathematician but this seems obvious to me but im not sure. it seems like 2+2 would equal 4 if 1-4 was the first 4 characters but it feels like some of the more complex math would collapse. well just throwing this out there. ponder and let me know what you think. thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,687 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Doubt doubt

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2011 08:52 am
@Doubt doubt,
well i should have thought about this more. base infinity could just be roman numerals only using the 1s

so 111 plus 11 would still be 11111.

It seems this would be more accurate since it would eliminate decimal points??? which are fake anyways right. is not 1.1 just one thing that is 10% biger that what we chose as 1??
0 Replies