Chances of getting into Rutgers? (Transfer)

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 03:06 pm
I was really curious as to what my chances are getting in before I go ahead and pay this $65 for my application fee to Rutgers. I'd like to see if it would even be wise to do so. Please let me know what you think are my chances, if at all. I am also an out of state student. I live in Cincinnati, Ohio.

In high school I had a pretty terrible GPA to the point where I don't need to mention it. I never took the SAT or ACT. I tried to do well but half of my family were drug addicts so it was hard to concentrate in that environment. I want to go to the Mason Gross School of The Arts in New Brunswick. I'd like to major in Photography. I do have a decent portfolio and letter of recommendation from my photography professor. (Not sure if it helps)

I have been enrolled in college for the past year and currently hold a 3.5 GPA. I have 24 credits (Quarter Based) and I've been really working hard to do well. I received a 3.33 GPA my first quarter and a 3.7 on my 2nd. I'm in my 3rd quarter now so I hope to finish with a 3.7+ GPA for the year.

I am a member of Phi Sigma Theta National Honors Society as well, so I'm not sure if that helps or matters at all.

Here are the courses I have taken in college so far.

History of Animation
History of Music I
History of Music II
History of Photography
Basic Web Production
Photography Principles/ Lighting
Mass Communications Survey
Audio Production I
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,462 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 04:00 pm
@KChristopher,
Our opinion matters not because we are not connected to Rutgers. Rutgers Admin and their opinion is all that matters. You should be commended as you've worked hard and done well.

As the saying goes, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained." Best to hear it from the source.
jespah

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2011 04:31 pm
@KChristopher,
Try it (what the hell).

My mother is a '67 graduate (MLS). So you'll be in good company.
0 Replies

KChristopher

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2011 10:20 pm
@Ragman,
Hope it works out for me = )
0 Replies