Why?

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:03 pm
Why do we ask these questions? What is the point? How will we know if we are right? We might get told the answers by someone further up the hierarchy than us but what makes them right? Just because they have an answer doesn't make them right. So why do we not question some of these answers. Just because they have been 'proved' doesn't mean that they're aren't alternative paths to take. For instance it may have been proved that if I am given the choice to go towards the sun or the dark I will go towards the sun but there is the slightest chance that I may go towards the dark and so the 'proven' fact would be wrong. So we may be given answers and because they are 'proved' we believe them. But how do we actually know that anything is actually right? We may be completely wrong but because we have all of our scientific equations and theories 'proving' these things 'right' but they may be wrong so how do we know? Nothing that we know may actually be 'right'.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 815 • Replies: 16

Francis

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:08 pm
@TheThinker,
As nobody can answer that question for you, imagine that you are going to live all your life with the doubt..
TheThinker

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:10 pm
@Francis,
I know that there is no answer. I am simply interested in peoples opinions on the topic. I am 'TheThinker' after all and I enjoy thinking about these things and other peoples views.
Francis

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:12 pm
@TheThinker,
Then think about finding your own path to truth, your truth..
TheThinker

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:14 pm
@Francis,
I have found my truth. It is an elaborate thing which only I will know untill I deem it fit to share with the world.I want to know other peoples views though. I am simply interested. To be honest for a thirteen year old boy to even thinking about topics such as the ones I have posted is quite a feat.
Ticomaya

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:25 pm
@TheThinker,
This is usually the point where you post your IQ.

In fact, I think that's actually in the rules: If you are 13 and posting to this site, you must boast about your unusually high IQ.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:27 pm
@TheThinker,
TheThinker wrote:

I have found my truth. It is an elaborate thing which only I will know untill I deem it fit to share with the world.I want to know other peoples views though. I am simply interested. To be honest for a thirteen year old boy to even thinking about topics such as the ones I have posted is quite a feat.

If you do say so yourself, eh Confused

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

TheThinker

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:32 pm
@Ticomaya,
Why would I post my IQ ? In fact I don't even know it. I'm just an average guy... I just like thinking about things, solving the problems that are out there, thinking about the solutions and the possibilities. I like knowing peoples views. An IQ is just a number and to me a not very important one as I don't know mine or particularly care about it.
Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:46 pm
Why does the sun
Go on shining?
Why does the sea
Rush to shore?
Don't they know
It's the end of the world?
It ended when
I lost your love.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 02:47 pm
This boy's pretty damed impressed with himself, no?
JTT

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 03:14 pm
@Setanta,
Why do you speak about yourself in the third person, Set?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 03:31 pm
@TheThinker,
Quote:
To be honest for a thirteen year old boy to even thinking about topics such as the ones I have posted is quite a feat.

I hope you had not dislocated your shoulder patting yourself on the back so hard.<LOL>
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 03:58 pm
@TheThinker,
Quote:
I have found my truth
How do we know?
Oylok

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 04:42 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
I have found my truth
How do we know?

Well, farmerman, judging by the lisp, I really don't think he has found it.

He should talk to the dentist about getting a permanent bridge put in.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 04:49 pm
Yeah, these sorts of questions tend to come about during adolescence. Abstract thinking abilities generally come on during this period in people's lives, as well as a more profound sense of self identity. The brand new ideas that well up during this stage of development lead many adolescents to think that these ideas are singularly unique, and that therefore, they themselves are unique for thinking them. Eventually, most adolescents go on to learn more and mature and realize that these thoughts weren't so unique, and neither are they.
djjd62

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 04:54 pm
@InfraBlue,
unless of course they never put down the bong Razz
TheThinker

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2011 03:51 pm
@djjd62,
XD hahahaha
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 07:03:06