Is There A 'God' Of some sort or some supernatural being that is controlling our paths in life?

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 10:55 am
I ask this question because there are so many religions in the world and ones that used to exist that were all based upon 'Gods' of some sort and my reasoning is that surely one of them must be right? Surely for there to be so many ideas that exist about these so called 'Gods' That surely some sort of higher being exists? For surely so many of these ideas cannot have come into play with just our imagination behind them. I accept that we as humans are renowned for our exceptional ability of being able to create such epic stories of fiction that they seem to become reality but surely for there to be so many ideas about different beings such as 'Gods' or simply one 'God' there must have been in fact an actual reality to spur on these ideas and bring them into shape? Surely for so many ideas to exist about supernatural 'beings' or simply a 'being' to exist then there must be something behind it? Maybe one 'God' who over the billions of years we have existed has kept coming back in a different form or forms in different places in our worlds and the populations that these 'Gods'have noted them and started religions on the foundations that these 'Gods' or one 'God' have given them. Surely all of these religions cannot be pure fiction?

Be kind in your replies I'm only thirteen but please do not lessen the effort you put into that because you think I won't be able to understand write your full reply as if I have the same knowledge as you which in fact I might do.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 681 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 11:46 am
@TheThinker,
TheThinker wrote:

I ask this question because there are so many religions in the world and ones that used to exist that were all based upon 'Gods' of some sort and my reasoning is that surely one of them must be right? Surely for there to be so many ideas that exist about these so called 'Gods' That surely some sort of higher being exists? For surely so many of these ideas cannot have come into play with just our imagination behind them. I accept that we as humans are renowned for our exceptional ability of being able to create such epic stories of fiction that they seem to become reality but surely for there to be so many ideas about different beings such as 'Gods' or simply one 'God' there must have been in fact an actual reality to spur on these ideas and bring them into shape? Surely for so many ideas to exist about supernatural 'beings' or simply a 'being' to exist then there must be something behind it? Maybe one 'God' who over the billions of years we have existed has kept coming back in a different form or forms in different places in our worlds and the populations that these 'Gods'have noted them and started religions on the foundations that these 'Gods' or one 'God' have given them. Surely all of these religions cannot be pure fiction?

Be kind in your replies I'm only thirteen but please do not lessen the effort you put into that because you think I won't be able to understand write your full reply as if I have the same knowledge as you which in fact I might do.

If you have studied multiple religions you would begin to see that if your concept were correct, why are there such drastic differences in these religions? Why is it they are in some cases completely opposite in their practice? So clearly it cant be as you suggest. There isn't some kind of being that is taking up lives and creating all these religions. It doesn't make sense that it would teach one thing to one group of people and something completely opposite with another group and not be aware that group A group B would never meet. If it couldn't figure out that these groups would never mingle then it is not a very intelligent being.

A much better explanation is that people want to understand their environment and sometimes the way people understand things is by personalizing them. Just like we give cars human names, well some of us do that. We have this drive to personalize our environment. So people in the past would do this and create gods from these personalities. But since groups of people were so spread out that their ideas clash because they came to different conclusions. Meaning they invented different ideas which once they came together, they clash.

There is no god, there is no being behind the universe. If there is than that being is subject to their own universe.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 01:13 pm
@TheThinker,
Quote:
Surely for so many ideas to exist about supernatural 'beings' or simply a 'being' to exist then there must be something behind it?

The above statement does not follow.

No matter how many people believe or does not believe in an idea it does not effect that idea being or not being connected to the real universe.

Earth, fire and water are not the building blocks of the universe no matter if the vast majority of the human race held that opinion at one time.

We do have a drive to try to understand and try to control the world around us and religion and the supernatural was one of the paths the human race try to reach that goal.
0 Replies