What are your hobbies?--need some ideas

Alchemist-

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 09:32 am
Wow, you all are so helpful Smile I'm a very scientifically minded person, and believe it or not, I have the skills of a good artist, but no creativity... you all have helped me a lot!
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 09:43 am
What are your hobbies?
Deliberate creativity isn't all that important. Just pick up a brush and some acrylic paint and try painting an apple - your apple will be different from anyone else's, even if you try to faithfully copy a Cezanne fruit plate. Lo and behold, you will have just created a picture of an apple.

Next time, try the apple and, say, a pear. Combining them in different arrangements is creative, all by itself. And so on.

BTW - don't, repeat Do Not, start with watercolors. They are the most difficult of all paint media to master. Children are given watercolor sets because the mess is less; adults use them because they are easily portable. But starting with watercolor will discourage immediately.
0 Replies

Alchemist-

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 03:55 pm
Re: What are your hobbies?
Tomkitten wrote:
Deliberate creativity isn't all that important. Just pick up a brush and some acrylic paint and try painting an apple - your apple will be different from anyone else's, even if you try to faithfully copy a Cezanne fruit plate. Lo and behold, you will have just created a picture of an apple.

Next time, try the apple and, say, a pear. Combining them in different arrangements is creative, all by itself. And so on.

BTW - don't, repeat Do Not, start with watercolors. They are the most difficult of all paint media to master. Children are given watercolor sets because the mess is less; adults use them because they are easily portable. But starting with watercolor will discourage immediately.

Actually I did start with watercolors and was quite good at them... but there are other things I want to try other than art. Thank you:)
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2003 04:22 pm
What are your hobbies?
Cooking?

Writing book reviews for Amazon.com?

Teaching a subject you really enjoy?

Researching your family tree?

Learning something totally new and different?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 04:01:02