No email alerts.

Diane

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 05:20 pm
Whenever I click to get email alerts for certain topics, nothing happens. I'm sure my preferences are correctly set. Any ideas?

Another thing, pm alerts never go away, no matter how often I go to the same old pm. Help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 833 • Replies: 7
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 05:32 pm
@Diane,
I don't know about email alerts, since I don't ask for them, but you could contact the help desk link at the bottom of the page.

When I can't get the pm hamster to go back to sleep, it always turns out that I have not read one of the pm's before the present one I am focused on.
msolga

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 06:22 am
@Diane,
Hi Diane

I started a thread asking about email updates not that long ago.

If you're interested:

http://able2know.org/topic/166955-1

However to save you having to read that thread, the general consensus it that they lapsed at some stage last year & haven't returned.

I don't have the problem you have with PMs so I can't really comment or advise..
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 06:32 am
There's probably a PM somewhere in your stack that has never been opened by clicking on it. Sometimes we read a short PM without actually clicking on it, but the PM alert will be there until you've opened every PM at least once.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 02:36 pm
MsOlga, i went to your link and found out that nothing much can be done about the problem. Too bad, although the link put my quest to rest...
msolga

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 03:34 pm
@Diane,
Yes, it looks that way, Diane.
Sadly email updates have vanished. (apart from for PMs.)
I miss them.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 11:38 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I don't know about email alerts, since I don't ask for them, but you could contact the help desk link at the bottom of the page.

It's not going to work this time. I tried contacting the help desk a little while back and the answer I got was that thread update emails is not a priority issue for the overlords. Doesn't look like it will be for a very long time.
Diane

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 01:02 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thanks, Tsarstepan.

It's tooo bad for posters such as I who don't post very often and then forget which topics they want to read again.

At least there are buttons for various functions, "My Topics," "posts," and so on.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » No email alerts.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:12:26