• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,075 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 02:22 pm
@mags314772,
He was great and was a gentle soul. However, he's been passed on for more than 13 years! I think I posted something about him and his song on A2K more than 6 yrs ago.
mags314772

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 02:26 pm
@Ragman,
Yes, I know he's long gone, but I just discovered his music and thought there might be someone else who had not yet found him. He also has a version of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star that is breathtakingly beautiful. Sorry for being redundant.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 02:39 pm
@mags314772,
I put it in my youtube favorites, very nice. A human angel indeed.

Here's a guy a like (I have his CD from the Hawaiian Slack Key Masters Series -
Ledward Kaapana, Dancing Cat Records, Led Live. My ex runs a performing arts series that he played at, and brought home the cd.

Both of these are sounds that just plain make me happy, people that make me happy to know about.

No comment on the dancer, but this reminds me of two hawaiian performance artists that also did the hula along with their patter, and that I'd emailed him to get their names as I'd forgotten, then looked them up on line and couldn't find anything. It was a guy and woman.. oh, god, he was sexy. I'll check my old emails to see if I still have their names and then look to see if they ever got on youtube.
Ragman

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 02:42 pm
@mags314772,
Really not a problem. That's what is odd about the Internet - it freezes time and sometimes when we explore on Youtube, we bump into these people who've been around and then gone for decade or more.

Still is good music.

His rendition of the medley of TwinkleTwinkle-What a Wonderful World was viral about 6 yrs ago. In fact, I think it became a hit all over again on the music charts in 2004 and again maybe in 2007.

That sound he made was simple and great and accompanied with that ukelele it makes it just perfect as a lullabye.
mags314772

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 02:48 pm
@ossobuco,
You know, I'm not a particular fan of Hawaiian style music, but I find both these men's sweet voices to be comforting and haunting. I know Israel was and still is a legend in Hawaii
mags314772

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 02:50 pm
@Ragman,
I thought that was a medley of Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World
Ragman

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 02:51 pm
@mags314772,
you're right
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 02:54 pm
@mags314772,
I hated hawaiian music for probably decades of virtual ignorance - Don Ho? I associated it all with tiki torches and drinks with umbrellas.

The performance artists that I edited and added on about after the video of Ledward Kaapana clued me in to how stupid I was all that time. Plus Kaapana and now, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.
0 Replies