Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 02:39 pm
@thack45,
Nice and simple... Wink
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 02:41 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
No. The believer is driven to attempt to break the infinite regress by evoking the permanence/constancy of "god" and hence the corresponding persistence of "self". Hence the ritual...the repetition...the attempt at anchorage in flux.

The recognition of the myth of a "constant self" ( see Gurdjieff for example) is what liberates what meditators might call "consciousness" from from the constraints of selfhood.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 04:23 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

No. The believer is driven to attempt to break the infinite regress by evoking the permanence/constancy of "god" and hence the corresponding persistence of "self". Hence the ritual...the repetition...the attempt at anchorage in flux.

The recognition of the myth of a "constant self" ( see Gurdjieff for example) is what liberates what meditators might call "consciousness" from from the constraints of selfhood.

And just how do you think the believer is able to make a judgement in the first place upon what he is to believe ??? In order to permeate himself to any Social paradigm he himself must have an Ontological status...
...how is something to change at all if that very something is not in a defined state at the moment in which he is about to change ?
(stable at least in relation to that particular change, that about to be function)

Concepts of "self" or "God" or any others they all depend at least on two major variables, that which is processing information, its actual state at time X, and the "external" sources from where, the "to be processed information" comes from...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 04:56 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...more, where did I said there must be a "constant self" ?...self evolves...I said constant at a given frame of time and in relation to something else. Its not "you" in your diverse entirety that is constant...instead, aspects of what constitutes the multiplicity in you, parcels, dominating roles and personality´s, that are functionally relevant in a specific relation with something or someone for a limited period of time...
...having true state does not mean "you" cannot evolve...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 05:19 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
Why are so many of the allegedly philosophical questions posed by people who cannot write coherently in English?

the pot has gotten a lot stronger than when we was young Razz
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2011 05:23 pm
@djjd62,
..."when we" is already to good...
0 Replies

great thinker

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 10:19 am
@Setanta,
How can i edit this post?
djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 10:22 am
@great thinker,
you can't, you can only edit posts for a short period of time
great thinker

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 10:37 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
Im not religious at all but why many people follow religions is it just waste of time ? (we means me im sorry)
great thinker

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 10:41 am
@djjd62,
So what should i do with mistakes ?
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 10:44 am
@great thinker,
For those who follow religion, "time" tends be eternal, and they usually see themselves as investing for future reward. Atheists tend to operate on the basis that "this time" is all they have.
vikorr

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 09:25 pm
@fresco,
It's a bit like exercise isn't it. The immediate impact of exercise is feeling good and having more energy...and it also has a long term impact.

Same would apply to many things : mental exercises, spiritual exercises, financial exercises, social exercises etc. You can live in the moment, deeply consider and make the most of now, and the exercise you do now can have effects on both today and tomorrow.
0 Replies

Ding an Sich

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 07:40 am
@great thinker,
great thinker wrote:

Do I have to follow a religion? Or i can just rely on my mind? Is the god really separatly made the world and heaven or hell as we see in all of the books from profiets? Or the order of god is as Espinossa said?

Tis a personal question, so why dost thou not make up thy mind?

But seriously, this is a personal matter and, as I see it, should be answered by you and you alone. Try using that 'mind' of yours to answer these questions.
0 Replies