ANY EXPERIENCE WITH VERIZON AIRCARD DATA CHARGES

Sglass

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 12:42 pm
Ater using Verizon aircard for almost 3 years I am getting outrageous data charges. Is there a new campaign mounted by the Robber Barons of Cyber Space to sell data packages. I had a flyer in my last Verizon bill offering "Packages".

I was charged $200 extra for my data usage which has not ostensibly changed from month to month.

Went to Verizon and all I was got was a ration of preprogramed crap.

Anyone kinow what is happening?

Seaglass
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,941 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 12:44 pm
@Sglass,
They're trying to screw you out of your money, sglass.

What do they say the charges were for? They had no explanation?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 01:17 pm
I went down to their office and talked to them and got no results - the bill looked like this:

Megabyte Usage*** megabytes Allowance (5120) Used ( 14264 ) Billable (760*

*your billed usage was adjusted for this cycle - see need to know et al

**Megabyte charges are incurred as a result of using data services like web browsing receiving daily alerts, downloading games or Ringtones

This cast me $190, plus my monthly access fee of $60.

WTF

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 01:20 pm
@Sglass,
Did you download a bunch of stuff, do a bunch of extra web browsing, send a ton of texts, or any of that crap? Did you browse the web a bunch or do something different?

I'd call their customer service line and just persistently keep going until they explain to you why it's so much. The people working in stores never know **** about anything.

Cycloptichorn
Sglass

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 01:36 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I've done a lot of extra internet browsing doing geneological research.

Got a toll free number?

I am probably going to cancel my aircard and just take the puter to a coffee shop when I need to get into the computer until I figure out a better way to go.

my usage with access charges was $300. My senior citizen retirement pennies dont stretch that far.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 01:38 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

I've done a lot of extra internet browsing doing geneological research.

Well, there's your problem. You have a set amount of data that you are allowed on your plan, and it looks like you blew right through that.

Quote:
Got a toll free number?

Uh, no? I don't even have Verizon.

Quote:
I am probably going to cancel my aircard and just take the puter to a coffee shop when I need to get into the computer until I figure out a better way to go.

my usage with access charges was $300. My senior citizen retirement pennies dont stretch that far.

Yup. I'd still see if you could call them and get them to lower or drop the charges.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 01:49 pm
Who do you use? Are there any good deals out there?

Are all the wireless companies doing that now. It's outrageously unfair.

I am a Verizon retiree, and believe me they do not do the retirees any favors.
Actually I worked for NYNEX before mergering with Bell Atlantic - then Verizon. But believe me VERIZON is where the customer does not count.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 02:01 pm
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

Who do you use? Are there any good deals out there?

Sprint, but I don't have a data plan. I don't use my phone to use the internet, just from the home and office and the occasional wi-fi spot.

Quote:
Are all the wireless companies doing that now. It's outrageously unfair.

Well, on one hand, they probably spelled your limits out clearly in your contract. On the other, they know for a fact that people go over those limits because there's just no good way to keep track of your usage, other than logging on to some tracking site like every day, which is a pain in the ass. They make tons of money off of people like you going over, so I doubt that will change anytime soon.

Quote:
I am a Verizon retiree, and believe me they do not do the retirees any favors. Actually I worked for NYNEX before mergering with Bell Atlantic - then Verizon. But believe me VERIZON is where the customer does not count.

Yeah. I don't really like Verizon, which sucks, because their phones are GREAT compared to my selection.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 07:22 pm
Cyclo thank you! I seem to have to learn everything the hard way!
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2011 07:23 pm
@Sglass,
How did it turn out? I hope they agreed to at least lower the charges.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies