Atheists are Polytheists

Eorl

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2011 10:40 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm happy to testify I've never seen Edgar successfully flamed.
0 Replies

nssan

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 12:19 am
I think there is a misunderstanding, “Anyway, every child is born with a natural belief in GOD and an inborn inclination to worship Him alone but his parents change that. If the child were left alone, he would worship GOD in his own way, but all children are affected by those things around them, seen or unseen so each child is born in a state of Innate Predisposition (primordial nature, humanity’s archetypal nature) and then his parents make him a Jew, Christian etc, the way an animal gives birth to a normal offspring. Have you noticed any that were born mutilated?

Just as the child submits to the physical laws which Allah has put in nature, his soul also submits naturally to the fact that Allah is his Lord and Creator. But, his parents try to make him follow their own way and the child is not strong enough in the early stages of his life to resist or oppose the will of his parents.”
0 Replies

nssan

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 12:22 am
I think atheists, in their endeavor try to find alternatives to God for explaining the existence of the temporal things we see around us, invent some imaginary entities and give them some of the essential attributes of God.

They say in a misleading way that they believe in God; but on inspection, their god turns out to be the god of the atheists. I am referring here to people like Einstein, who is said by some to have been a believer, but whose god was in fact not God the Creator in whom we all believe. Einstein declared that he believed in “Spinoza’s god,” i.e. in a god that is identical with the universe, and who does not thus interfere from outside in its working. “The man who is thoroughly convinced of the universal operation of the law of causation, “says Einstein, “cannot for a moment entertain the idea of a being who interferes in the course of events.” [Quoted by Hans Kung, Does God Exist? Vantage Books, 1981, p. 629]
fresco

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 12:46 am
@nssan,
Quote:
I think atheists, in their endeavor try to find alternatives to God for explaining the existence of the temporal things we see around us, invent some imaginary entities and give them some of the essential attributes of God.

You would think that because your concept of yourself has been conditioned by socialization which takes a "god" to be a priori for "existence". In other words, "you" ARE "your religion". Atheists don't have that problem and cannot be categorized as "Einsteinian" or anything else. There are millions of words written on ontology (the meaning of existence) in which "temporality of things" is merely a chapter.

0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 04:38 am
@nssan,
nssan wrote:
If you think that existence as a whole has no purpose and achieves nothing, then it follows that whatever you do in life achieves exactly nothing as well - your life would contribute no value to existence.

I personally don't think my life has no purpose, yet I don't need to believe in a god to give my life any purpose or meaning. You might try to claim that I think my existence will contribute no value to existence but I think you are trying to force that idea onto me because you need it to be that way to support your idea that everyone needs to believe in a god.

I however do not need to believe in a god yet I have absolutely no problem with the impermanence of this life. My life has purpose on the scale that it is. You could call that insignificant but for me it is far from insignificant. So I would never adopt your point of view that since I am an atheist that I believe my life is meaningless. It's far from meaningless.

You can say or claim that I am an immoral person because I don't believe in god but I fit into society perfectly fine. I don't get my morality from a god nor would I ever need to anyways. I am perfectly capable of discovering that on my own using my brain. I might not always be right but that is the learning process. A person who believes god handed them morality is lying to themselves. Your parents taught you about god and you had to learn that morality as skewed as it is anyways. So secular morality is no different on that level, however I say that secular morality is far superior.

A religion that supports cutting off peoples limbs for stealing is far less idealistic for me. A religion that supports burying a woman up to her chest in dirt and then pelting her with stones until she dies is barbaric. It does not matter what she was accused of it is still barbaric. Any ideology that would support such harsh punishments for insignificant acts is far less appealing to me such as a god punishing some person endlessly for not believing it it's existence. If there is such a god and this is the system, than I want nothing to do with that god and as far as I am concerned it would not even be worthy of the title of god. I would never torture a being endlessly for anything that it has done to me yet those who worship such a god who would, are sickening to me.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2011 06:18 am
Given the evil gods that mankind had been able to come up with I can not see how any of them would give purpose to anyone life.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 07:27 pm
Jeez craven, how did this ****-bot get by your barricades?
0 Replies