What are the best question and answer sites out there besides Yahoo! Answers?

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:23 pm
Hi-I'm looking for general question and answer sites in which you post questions and wait to get responses from people-what are the best question and answer sites besudes Yahoo! Answers? AllExperts.com is a pretty good one. Please help me out, and please list as many suggestions as possible-I have a bunch of questions I need to ask someone. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 24,116 • Replies: 11
No top replies

thack45

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 12:48 am
@JGoldman10,
Here are a few helpful Q&A sites for me:
StackOverflow
xda
JPF

Of course these links help me because I am looking in specific areas with specific thoughts in mind. If you're looking for a broader audience for your questions you might try:
ATK or even
ClickyClicky!
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 02:33 am
@thack45,
I just found this:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Sites-similar-to-Yahoo-Answers

#5 Dizzay - This was my first thought when I read the question. I personally don't like it. It's too colourful and kinda hard to navigate.
#4 AskVille - by Amazon. I've noticed it's a commercial one, but you can find some really nice answers there.
#3 HelpGlobe - This site has more personalization features. Worth a try.
#2 WikiAnswers - I thought WikiAnswers was just totally copying Yahoo! Answers, but apparently I was wrong.
#1 AskPedia - And at last I got the winner, AskPedia.

And on this same page:
These are just a few I know, but you would love check out others, just simply type the following into Google: related:answers.yahoo.com

Thank you for your input.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 08:55 pm
@thack45,
Hello. do you know of any GENERAL question and answer information sites? Those sites are specific for computers.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2011 03:10 am
Okay- No one else here uses Question and Answers sites? What OTHER sites are there besides Yahoo! Answers?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 04:37 am
I just created an account with Ask Answers-I'm giving them a try.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 11:24 am
@JGoldman10,
never used any one in particular, i've googled questions before, just kind of look at what ever sites come up, never really pay much attention to what they may be
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 11:32 am
@JGoldman10,
http://www.answerbag.com/

I used to go there quite a bit when I got bored here.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 11:35 am
@JGoldman10,
This site is much more demanding than something like Yahoo Answers, but if you're up to the challenge it's a very good site.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 12:05 pm
@ehBeth,
Answerbag? I'll try them.

Thank you for responding. I jsut posted a question on Ask Answers regarding this topic. Smile
0 Replies

Aldistar

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2011 02:44 pm
I have never really used a question answer sites. If I had specific questions I usually research it own my own through wikipedia and googl searches. If I have something very topic specific (had some questions last year about batiking) I just googled batik and and went to some forum links that talked about what I wanted to know and asked questions on the forum.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 11:49 pm
I just saw this on Google:

Pages similar to www.allexperts.com
Answerbag - Ask questions on any topic, get real answers from real ... - answerbag.com
Answers.com - Answers.com: Wiki Q&A combined with free online ... - answers.com
Ask Me Help Desk - Become an expert or ask an advisor about ... - askmehelpdesk.com
Blurtit - Ask questions, find answers and share your knowledge with users ... - blurtit.com

Pages similar to answers.yahoo.com
Answerbag - Ask questions on any topic, get real answers from real ... - answerbag.com
WikiAnswers - WikiAnswers: Questions and Answers from the ... - wiki.answers.com
AllExperts.com - More than 1 million questions answered! ... - allexperts.com
Ask - Offers search for web sites, images, news, blogs, video, maps and ... - ask.com

Pages similar to able2know.org
AllExperts.com - More than 1 million questions answered! ... - allexperts.com
WikiAnswers - WikiAnswers: Questions and Answers from the ... - wiki.answers.com
ask BAR - askbar.com - Get free real-time expert answers and advice to ... - askbar.com
The AnswerBank - Post questions and answers or discuss topics ... - theanswerbank.co.uk
0 Replies