What's the difference between Hispanics, Chicanos and Latinos?

InfraBlue

Wed 23 Feb, 2011 10:28 am
@JGoldman10,
Well there you go, label issues.
JGoldman10

Thu 24 Feb, 2011 10:55 pm
@InfraBlue,
How is that a labels issue?
Chicanos are Mexican. Hispanics are the general term for all Latin Americans and people of Spanish descent in the US.
0 Replies

martin Estrada

Wed 11 May, 2016 11:06 am
@dyslexia,
"Beaner(s)": What a GREAT NAME!! Can it MEAN--> "Vegetarians"???
Can beans be DEFINED as a "Mexican-Caveur"??
Are "BEANERS" only of Mexican/Indian heritage?
Do "Euro-American" FART???

"THOSE" who insist on calling or referring to others in a DEROGATORY-FRAME OF MIND, are only human!! Those of "US" of Mestizo heritage, MUST be THANKFUL to OUR LORD, that WE are not "LIMA-BEANS"!!!!!
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Wed 11 May, 2016 11:17 am
With part of the family Portuguese and another part German and Brit what am I ? A citizen of the world...
0 Replies

momoends

Sun 29 May, 2016 06:53 am
@JGoldman10,
i´ll tell you how it is used in spain as an spaniard
latino refers to any culture or country where a latin "originated" lenguage is spoken. (italian, spaniards, portuguese)
Hispania was the roman name of the actual Spain (España) so, hispanic is someone with Spanish ancestors or Spanish cultural heritage
for us 2an spanish people is someone born in spain and latino is commonly used to talk abou southamerican countries and culture.
I know you call them spanish people, but they should be named after their own country cause they have their own culture, traditions, and values on their own, they are not spanish anymore, they are proud venezuelan, brazilian or argentinos citizens (its like usa citizens being called british nowadays)
chicano is somehow related to mexican-north american culture nowadays but i just talk about chicano when asking a client what kind of lettering he wants on his tattoo

considering how unuseful and innacurate my recent posts resulted to some other users, i do apologize in advance if it hurts those men of letters´ minds
0 Replies