The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business News

Reyn

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 11:16 am
@Linkat,
If I was a contestant in the Race, I would make sure that everything I had was clearly labelled, especially something that I was going to put down while doing a task.

While the Globetrotters should have brought the fanny pack back, it would have been a good idea for the Asian lady (can't remember her name) to put a name tag on it.

The cowboys are good sports, even though they are not the strongest of competitors. They're fun to have around. They try hard! Laughing
Linkat

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2011 03:58 pm
@Reyn,
Ya gotta love the cowboys - I don't think I've ever seen them get upset.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 09:31 pm
Tonight's episode was a good one. Exciting. Unpredictable.

Glad the Globetrotters are still in it. Amazed that the Goths caught up. Don't like them much.
Reyn

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2011 07:45 am
@Roberta,
I was thrilled and over-joyed that the cowboys came in first, despite Mallory and her father using their Express Pass, and coming in 2nd, in this leg of the race. Wink

Yeah, it was a good episode!
Roberta

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 01:26 am
@Reyn,
I found tonight's episode kind of tedious. How many cups of tea do I have to watch somebody drink. And I was really uncomfortable with that young man's reaction (the one who can't hear).

Glad the Globetrotters and the cowboys are still in it.
Reyn

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 11:51 am
@Roberta,
Hi Roberta! Looks like it's just down to you and me here. Laughing

I kind of tend to agree with you. I did feel that section was a bit overdone.

I was pleased the cowboys came in 2nd. I was hoping Mallory wasn't going to be in 1st place. I'm sure she's a wonderful person, but ...

Anyways, did you catch where they're off to next week? I can't recall, or missed it.
Roberta

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2011 04:02 pm
@Reyn,
Didn't catch where they'll be next week. Sorry.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 04:06 pm
Bumping this up for tonight. You watching, Roberta?

I sure missed it last Sunday, due to country music awards. Mad
Roberta

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 01:20 am
@Reyn,
Glad the Globe Trotters won a leg. The cowboys are resilient.

The Asian father and daughter are finally out. That's a hard man to like. What was he doing wandering around down by the water. Over-thinking is right.

The challenges of just being in China and India should give the players some extra points.
Reyn

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 07:48 am
@Roberta,
Yeah, the GT did well this round, but so did the cowboys! Losing that hour due to the flight was a pain, and it was for no reason, other than the folks who sold them the ticket. They got to learn to ask to get there by the earliest flight!

Ron, of the Chinese father /daughter team was a pain. This wasn't the first time he's held his daughter back. I feel sorry for her. That challenge didn't appear to be that hard, as many got through it quite quickly.

Don't think they mentioned where they're go to next for the following week.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2011 01:25 am
Well, Mallory's still in it. Sigh.

I was shocked to see the team that came in first come in first. (I remember the name Kev; the other name is lost on me.)

The cowboys continue to arrive late and get to the end. But they can't keep this up forever.

I'm wishing that the Goths were gone.

The library in Vienna is an amazing building. I hope the players noticed. One of the problems with this game is that you don't get to see or appreciate where you are.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2011 11:32 pm
Two wins in a row. And all that fondu.

The cowboys are finally gone. Everyone seemed afraid of them. They were good guys. Sorry to see them go.

The sisters are quietly doing well.

The Globetrotters better not make any more mistakes.

I laughed when I saw the female goth pulling the guy goth in the luggage cart. (Why can't I remember anyone's names?)

Reyn

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 07:46 am
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

The cowboys are finally gone. Everyone seemed afraid of them. They were good guys. Sorry to see them go.

Yeah, me too. They were classy acts. Always polite, never a mean word for anyone.

I was disappointed the Globe Trotters u-turned them. They were far enough ahead that it wasn't necessary. At least, it appeared that way to me.

I thought it unfair that the answer of 22 kilometers (country length) was shared between 2 other teams, and deliberately not cowboys. Otherwise, other teams would have been behind as well.

Oh well. All I can say is the best team just left the game.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 09:25 am
Well, the Goths are gone. Too bad it wasn't them last week, instead of the cowboys.

They lost because Kent was a dope and couldn't read that the team was to proceed ON FOOT (not a taxi, Kent! Laughing ) to the pitstop.

His attitude was "I don't care" and they got what they deserved. He should have listened to his Ronald McDonald girl friend.

Anyways, 2 hour finale next week. It's a short season. Sad
Roberta

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 09:28 am
@Reyn,
Good riddance.

Except for Mallory, who continues to be annoying, I like everybody who's left.

Paternal love is amazing, ain't it? She was digging in the snow and throwing all the snow on her father. Sigh.

It feels like a short season. Aren't there usually three couples in the finale?
Reyn

Reply Mon 2 May, 2011 12:10 pm
@Roberta,
Yes, I think 3 couples sounds about right.

And, yes, any team except Mallory! Mad

Should be an exciting finish!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 10:42 am
Who's watching the 2 hour finale tonight?
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 10:13 pm
So the quiet unassuming sisters won. Good for them. They played a good game. Trotters second. Mal and dad last. I very much liked Mallory's father. She's the one that got on my nerves.

Zev and Justin--why was someone who can't dance at all--I mean at all--involved in the dancing competition? Wrong move that cost them dearly. That and the idea that they could sell bikinis on a beach where everybody is wearing a bikini. Bad decisions. No million bucks.
dadpad

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 10:59 pm
Amazing race Australia starts soon.
Watch out world the Aussies are coming.
http://au.tv.yahoo.com/the-amazing-race-australia/video/
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 May, 2011 11:31 pm
@Roberta,
Yes, it was a good finish. It was a close one. The GTs weren't that far behind. I didn't mind who won, so long it wasn't "Miss Over-The-Top".

I was still hoping that the cowboys would have been in the final 3. Oh well.

Dadpad, can't see the video, as it says it isn't available in our area (Canada). Sounds like the kind of stunt they pull for Survivor.

Is the Amazing Race Australia an offshot of the original show, or are they going to Australia next?

Anyone know?