Burrrrrrrrp ... Festive season tummy upsets!

msolga

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 03:49 pm
OK, I have just thrown the (opened & opened) gift chocolates into the garbage bin. Why, oh why, do we feel obliged to eat this stuff non-stop, just because it's there? Rolling Eyes Last night I think I ate about 16 of the damn things!! Shocked
And this following Christmas gatherings & end of year parties. Too much finger food! Shocked Too much plonk!! Shocked Queasy, queasy, queasy .... Rolling Eyes
Maybe I should fast for a couple of weeks, or not leave the house & just eat fruit?

How is your stomache coping with the onslaught of the festive season?
Are you being strong?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,594 • Replies: 34
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 03:55 pm
Ha! I described my lunch elsewhere on a2k. But, I blame being sick rather than it being the holiday season.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 04:14 pm
It's me liver I am worried about - drinking too much.

Oh, wait - I ate the excess chocolates I bought for the work folk - and the multi-coloured lolly hearts I bought...damn. And the remaining Belgian chocolate bickies...dammit...
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 04:59 pm
really, I don't think alka seltzer will helphttp://www.therealmartha.com/BegRoyale/dud_whole_thing.jpg
0 Replies

innie

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 06:07 pm
i just ate about 5 chcolates lol... i don't eat too much candy usually because i don't really like it. but as you said, the holiday season becons me too lol. i don't say strong, i just lose my skinniness.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 06:44 pm
Fancy dancy popcorns are my downfall. Thank goodness we are required to share treats delivered to us at work. I've received several enormous canisters of the good stuff - caramel corn with roasted almonds all covered in choco. I take the popcorn to the main support area - and bring the canisters home - they're great for storing bags of dog food in.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 08:36 pm
I just finished making the holiday treats for the office party tomorrow and for the family gatherings. Why do I have to clean all the bowls and lick all the spoons? Oy my belly aches!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 22 Dec, 2003 11:03 pm
Doesn't seem to bother my stomach much, but the festive foods do contain lots of fats and calories, which make them really hard to resist.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 03:24 am
Oh, it's good to know that I'm not alone in this!
BURRRRRRRRP! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 03:26 am
Food is okay - but just like dlowan, I am worried abt me liver - it has started protesting.

Last night I was a very good boy - not a drop of alcohol - but then I could not go to sleep Sad Laughing
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 03:36 am
Better have a few night caps tonight, eh, Gautam? Wouldn't want to go through the same tonight!
(PS ... I assume that handsome devil in the photograph is you? Very Happy )
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 06:53 am
Somehow the holidays seem to be a Season of Entitled Gorging. We not only have permission to eat goodies--we have licence to eat lots and lots of goodies.

Festive excess.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 10:24 am
Crikey! It's the Xmas lunch here at work today. There is food here only Dr. Seuss could think up a name for! Looks like I'm headed for the festive upset from Whoville!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 10:30 am
WOO HOO!!! 'TIS THE SEASON!!!

Fudge, eggnog, cookies, gingerbread houses, handmade chocolates, pies, real whipped cream, cranberry sauce, homemade yeast rolls, corn on the cob, ham with pineapple glaze, green bean casserole, another slice of pie, a cookie or two, wassail to wash it down with.....

Outta my way! Outta my way!! Last one there's a rotten egg!!!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 10:56 am
Regretfully, I've decided that my ancestors were probably not only seated below the salt, but out in the courtyard. They were so declasse that they couldn't even count on Holiday food every year.

This altered the DNA so now when I see an abundance of goodies, I'm tempted to two-fisted gluttony.
0 Replies

drom et reve

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 11:00 am
Carbonated water with cordial always helps a hangover or one of those weird bad throats that some people get after drinking quite a bit...

I must be the only one but, I only like things in moderation. I don't really eat a load over the Christmas holiday... though some things served are tempting..

0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 11:14 am
We had a family thing last night, and I don't indulge much really in terms of food, but something about the way my mom makes rack of lamb always leaves me with gut-rot. I wasn't a happy camper this morning. Confused I think I need to give her some lessons.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 11:19 am
errrrrrr, cav, since your tummy upset is consistent with eating the rack of lamb, why not skip it?
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 11:26 am
ehBeth, it's only hers. When I cook it, or eat it in a restaurant, I have no problems.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Dec, 2003 11:32 am
Precisely - just skip your mom's rack of lamb. I know that in my family, that approach would be safer than suggesting another way of preparing it. I can't run fast enough to escape the repercussions.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Burrrrrrrrp ... Festive season tummy upsets!
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 10:31:08