The prophets (you know, the islamic one) call to convert by the sword

mars90000000

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 08:02 am
well, you havent read my posts and dont have references to your polls. So you give me no reason to believe what you say.

Im soory to hear that you see what extremists do, on the news, and magnify it by saying "religion is violence". All my condolences.
vikorr

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 09:01 pm
@mars90000000,
Quote:
well, you havent read my posts
All of your posts. Be accurate. And given the extreme voluminousness of the group of posts your refer to, adding to that the obvious evidence to the contrary of your claims, and I think I can forgive myself for not reading it all.
Quote:
and dont have references to your polls. So you give me no reason to believe what you say.
You read, yet didn't understand - you are welcome to believe or disbelieve whatever you want.
Quote:
Im soory to hear that you see what extremists do, on the news, and magnify it by saying "religion is violence". All my condolences.
Obviously you read what I wrote but quite ignored it, which isn't unexpected.

By the way, I have not magnified anything, but probably understated - the list of acts of 'terror' and violence and intimidation committed in the name of Islam in the last decade are significant in both number and nature.

Let me put it this way, the acts & words of the prophet, and the acts of modern muslims fundamentalists speak louder than the empty protestations of peace ever will. Fundamentalists I refer that I can think of off the top of my head include :
- numerous Indonesian church bombers
- 9-11 aircraft bombers
- Spanish train bombers
- London tube bombers
- Bali bombers
- The terrorist hijackings of the 70's& 80's. The Lockerbie bomber being the most famous
- Heritage statue destructions in Afghanistan (those statues of Budha carved into the cliff face were thousands of years old)
- The bombers in Thailand, where there is a civil war going on, but the south does so along religious lines
- Death sentences issued to those that changed religions of Islam to Christianity
- Iraqi bombers who are bombing other muslims based on their versions of Sunni or Shiite Islam

I know that I have missed (and summarised) a hell of a lot of violence. Islam is a dangerous religion...and by the definition of dangerous, that is one charge that simply can not be denied (for it has dangerous people, who carry out violent and dangerous acts - see above)

So you are welcome to bury your head in the sand, and believe just some parts of the koran, while othersMuslims interpret differently to you, believing (probably more than you, given how much you have to ignore) that they have the right of it and that it is your interpretation that is the problem with Islam today. And those Muslims believe that they are called to violence.
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 09:40 pm
lol, well, i wont bring you down because of what you believe, since you're obviously not going to change your views, i have given another side of the arguments you are putting, and what you do with them is up to you.

keep in mind: "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."
vikorr

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 08:57 pm
@mars90000000,
Quote:
i wont bring you down because of what you believe
Bit hard because of the plethora of historical and current physical evidence saying that it is a religion of violence.
Quote:
i have given another side of the arguments
Which are only words, which are contradicted by :
1. the words of the prophet
2. violent actions of the prophet matching his violent words.
3. (reworded 2) the political, subversive and violent nature of the founding of Islam which was ordered by the prophet
4. current physical evidence of Islamic religion bred violence (all the listed bombings etc)
Quote:
keep in mind: "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."
I've kept this very much in mind. Unfortunately There is no integrational solution to Islam, for Islam refuses to integrate, and refuses to be (in the grand scheme of things) peaceful. The only solution to it is educate people why it is so violent - and most westerners do wonder, they are just too lazy to find out. After that the west may come to be in a position to resist this violent and brainwashing religion (if you know anything about how the subconscious works you will understand why I say it brainwashes people)
0 Replies

mars90000000

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 10:36 pm
no, i think you're ignorant about the true meaning of Islam, and instead, basing yourself off of what google or other (unreliable?) sources tell you. Which is why i won't argue with you, not unless you get your facts right and learn the religion's history. See the thing is, only violence makes it to the news, and gets projected everywhere in the media. So you, just like most of the people who's only source of knowledge is media, only get to see the few people's interpretation of a religion. and those are the people called extremists.

that's the only reason why i stop arguing with you. it is much harder to prove why a religion is good as opposed to say why its wrong, and if you're going to keep your views off, and not even know the historical background of a religion, i won't waste my time either.
vikorr

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 12:38 am
@mars90000000,
If you say so.
Quote:
See the thing is, only violence makes it to the news, and gets projected everywhere in the media
And that renders them irrelevant? These are events on a large and frequent scale, and very significant, but somehow irrelevant to your view that Islam is a religion of peace. I've left out what I know is a plethora of violence and intimidation by Islam, simply for not remembering it all, but I'm quite sure that you know it exists.
Quote:
So you, just like most of the people who's only source of knowledge is media, only get to see the few people's interpretation of a religion.
Actually, I've read into why Arabs in particular hate the west - because in my view, religion alone doesn't make sense of that.

I've read 'Islam in Australia' - written by an Australian Muslim. I've read 'clash of fundamentalism' by Tariq Ali, who is a Pakistani muslim. I've read several books on Al Qeida. I've read 'The arab mind' which is admittedly written by an Israeli (but having read books by muslims on this situation, I'm obviously aware of bias and media manipulation on both sides). I didn't get to this view by being either uncurious, biased to only hear one side, nor by not paying attention to what muslims leaders themselves are saying. The posted article is not the first I've read by Islamic leaders that hold the same view. Similar views are quite frequent. I've read 'All the Shahs Men' relating to the CIA lead coup in Iran and the repercussions of that. I'm not uninterested, but actions speak a lot louder than just words (words being very important, especially when compatible with actions), and I've come to form the view that Islam is both a violent religion, and a dangerous religion. Sadly, since I've formed that view, world events tend to back up and reinforce this perception. It's not pleasant, but it is reality.

You can claim what you want about the religion, or your views on my 'ignorance' - my view is based on a much wider variety of sources and events than I doubt you've even bothered to look at. Certainly I don't say 'that violence isn't representative of my views, so it's not representative of Islam' -- that is just hiding your head under a rock.

Quote:
basing yourself off of what google or other (unreliable?) sources tell you
The list of bombings I mentioned was unreliable? Islam didn't spread by the sword? The prophet wasn't around when that started? Wow.

Quote:
it is much harder to prove why a religion is good as opposed to say why its wrong, and if you're going to keep your views off, and not even know the historical background of a religion, i won't waste my time either.
see above

You make a good show of claiming ignorance whiling ignoring very valid information I've posted and claiming unreliable for events that have made world media....just...amazing.
0 Replies