Lost Bookmark

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 01:53 pm
I was trying to enter a new link, but in doing so I lost all my Bookmarks! There isn't even a Bookmarks button any more. Is there any way I can retrieve them?

I don't know what action caused the deletion; I tried so many combinations of things to add this link that I haven't a clue.

I use an HP Pavilion a1550y, XP.

Help!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,179 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 02:56 pm
@Tomkitten,
You don't say which browser you are using, so here are a few suggestions for IE and Firefox.

For IE, place your mouse pointer in the toolbar section of the browser and right-click the mouse button. This brings up a selection menu of toolbars to toggle their display. Make sure you've checked the Menu Bar and Favorites Bar.

For Firefox, on the menu bar, click View then Toolbars. This gives you a selection menu of toolbars to toggle the display off and on. One of them is the Bookmarks toolbar. If you don't use the Bookmarks toolbar, then ensure that the Menu toolbar is displayed so that you can click on the Bookmarks option to get the list of your bookmarks. If the menu bar is also not displaying, do the same as instructed for the IE browser. Put mouse pointer in the tool bar area and right click the mouse to toggle the toolbar displays.
Tomkitten

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 06:27 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately I can't follow your instructions because the entire toolbar is gone.

I forgot to say that I use Firefox. Sorry.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 06:29 pm
@Tomkitten,
If you place your mouse pointer anywhere in the area at the top of the browser page and below the blue frame, you'll be able to right-click the mouse and access the menu I described.

If you have no tool bars or menu bars that are visible, press the ALT key. This toggles the display of the default menu bar where you can then right-click and turn on the display of the bars.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 08:38 pm
Thank you thank you! It worked and my toolbar is back at last.
Tomkitten

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 08:41 pm
@Tomkitten,
I never really knew all the things the Alt key was good for. Now i have learned a New Thing and for that I also thank you.
Tomkitten

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 09:07 pm
@Tomkitten,
Uh-oh - now I've lost the tabs under the address bar - like the permanent link to A2K, and the local public library. Can you help with that one?
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 09:12 pm
@Tomkitten,
Make sure the "Bookmarks toolbar" is checked when you right-click the mouse up in the toolbar region.

If it is clicked, you might have to redefine them.
0 Replies

Tomkitten

Reply Mon 17 Jan, 2011 09:53 pm
OK, thanks.
0 Replies