Anyone know how to convert .ATX files into .WAV or MIDI?

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 04:51 am
I'm trying to upload an audio file to share with everyone and I'm just too damn dumb to do it. This is what I've done so far:
I signed up to Yahoo's GeoCities because they offer free web hosting.
The Audio file is in .ATX which is not supported by GeoCities. They only take .WAV .MID or .MIDI files for audio. I can open it with RealPlayer or Windows Media, but neither one will convert it to an acceptable file format. I downloaded 3 different conversion software programs from Shareware.com, but none of them will open the damn thing. So then I figured I'd burn it to a CD; because mp3 can be converted. Nope, can't burn it to a CD. Does anyone know an easier way to make a 171kb audio file available?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,422 • Replies: 7
No top replies

MurrayS

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 06:11 pm
Howdy:

The .atx file is a ZIP-formatted Compressed Archive. Use any ZIP program to open.

Now try burning or using it !!

Murray
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 06:13 pm
Thank you for responding. I was starting to give up hope. I can zip or unzip it. I can play it. I just can't burn it... any idea why that might be?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 06:14 pm
Windows media player says: There is no child playlist available for this media item at this time. Do you know what this means?
0 Replies

MurrayS

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 06:19 pm
When you unzip it, what does the extension become??

Murray
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 06:26 pm
I don't think I understand you. It is not a .zip, it is .atx That is the way it is stored.
0 Replies

MurrayS

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 10:00 pm
Exactly and I don't think YOU understand.. Read my previous post..
Quote:
.atx file is a ZIP-formatted Compressed Archive
.. same thing as it having a .zip extension, just another name.. Use some sort of unzip program (WinZip, WinRar, etc) to unzip it !!

Murray
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2003 10:09 pm
WinZip Wizard doesn't recognize the extension ".ATX". Neither in search nor in manual mode can I get it to recognize it. I feel so stupid. I can't understand why I can play it with Windows Media Player or Real Player, but can do nothing else with it. Could I send it to you? I promise there are no bugs, and I'm not a spammer.
0 Replies