Robert Bateman, Midnight Black Wolf

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 04:52 pm
I have an originally signed, numbered and framed Midnight Black Wolf. How do I find out the value of this art?
Eve
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 6,616 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 05:29 pm
@rankin2306,
I'm assuming it's a limited edition print. so try here:
http://www.artandnature.com/bateman/a-z.html

Keep in mind this is gallery retail and it doesn't mean someone will actually pay you that much for the work, but it should help you determine insurance value.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 8 Jan, 2011 05:40 pm
@rankin2306,
I have a number of Robt Bateman works and have always bought them a deep discounts. These are prints thatalthough signed, the artist has not much to do with production other than being shown proofs and doing final approval.

They are mass produced and "signed and numbered " means only that BAteman merely sat at a table and signed them as they were piled in front of him at a table.

Retail prices for his prints are several hundred dollars and there is always a fake "run out of print" frenzy for works that are no longer available and are sold on a secondary market. I often have found some really emblematic BAtemans , like the flying eagle or the Grizzly in a snowstorm, or the elephant in the AFrican dust, go for cheap at auctions, sometimes well under 100$.
So dont get excited re: value of these things.
Enjoy them for their craftsmanship and composition.

Now if you can get an original, you can get upwards of 25K for some of them.
0 Replies