Were the charactors of the abrahamic religions consired to be schizophrenics?

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 04:17 pm
hope to arrise some heated discutions from this....... or at least some comic relif Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,446 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 05:04 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Sorry, I don't understand. What are the abrahamic religions?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 4 Jan, 2011 05:10 pm
@Ragman,
An Abrahamic religion is a monotheistic faith emphasizing and tracing its comon origin to abraham. The tree major Abrahamic religions are, in order of appearance, Judaism, Christianity, Islam
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 05:59 am
Bait thread much? have fun.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 06:11 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Quote:
Were the charactors of the abrahamic religions consired to be schizophrenics?
Considered by WHOM ??
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 07:38 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
First, I would need to know your definition of schizophrenics. I have worked in the field, and found that many people really don't understand the condition.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:12 am
@Phoenix32890,
Well please enlight us then Smile What is youre defenition? Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:14 am
@Smileyrius,
( puts hand on chest and makes a realy surprised face) "Meeeeh?" Smile
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:52 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Not my definition, but the definition of the DMS4 which is considered definitive by the psychiatric community. Funny that you ask for MY definition. I think therein lies the difficulty. People have a tendency to put labels on behaviors that
might or might not be consonant with the professional definition.

http://www.psychnet-uk.com/dsm_iv/schizophrenia_disorder.htm
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 08:58 am
@Phoenix32890,
yays Ok that is excelent...... now that we have a proper defenition. Back to the question do these persons fall under this chatagory?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 02:08 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I am sorry this was an improper question. Just that sometimes I see that guy standing in the street coner. With a peacefull sign talking about good things. And then a few weeks later hes been taking away and locked up in a phych ward. Until he no longer believes in spreeding a message that he though at one time was so important. And some thru history have gotten excuted for doing such acts. And then I look at the base of the major world religions. And there they go again the same guys teaching wisdom. It saddens me. So I basicaly wanted to shout out "Hey that guy might be the next teacher of wisdom. If hes not harming anyone, just let em be"/ Does that make a little more sense?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 2 Feb, 2011 02:07 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I try to rationalize the voices in my as Not being God to my understanding........ And I cant. You know how it feels like understanding that society will want to lock me up away when I metion this? Or at the very least they will try to change my mind. With the use of mind altering drugs. 200 years ago they would have probaly burned me at the stake. I mean if youre reading this I do hope you go to what my understanding of what God is Topic. Try to change my mind if you can. If anyone can rationaly say that my understanding of what God is as Being wrong. Then trow an argument against it. Dont drug me and say thats Bad.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 3 Feb, 2011 04:36 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Smile 27 hours with no challedges to my frame of though? Lol thats kind of disturbing actualy ^^ Smile Common someone trow me something for my confrence room to discuss Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 4 Feb, 2011 02:34 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I play this game called Fiesta. And in it I found a perfect comparison to my disease. Theres this Boss you have to beat in one of the adventures and it has 3 heads and one body. I though to my self now that is a perfect example. 3 minds one body That is the best way I can explain this disorder. Smile Smile Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 11:43 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Sometimes when something dont quite make sense. Take a step back. Look at something different, Then take a step back and try to look at the bigger picture. Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 12:18 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ooh Lighten up already. Here try this. 'Close your eyes and picture moses eating a nutty Bar' Smile Smile Smile
0 Replies